Thread: 2011/2012 Deer Activity, Hunting Report, Season Information & Rut Report

Hybrid View

just had 2 yearlings come by monday night left early had a bunch of coyotes going crazy by me freaked me out being halloween. now lets hope the big boy comes out.has anyone used ever calm trying it todays

Wink

Small bucks are on the move in noble co. Saw 10 small bucks today between two,three guys...even saw a doe run a fawn off. Looks like business is picking up!

Tonight was the first night I didn't see a deer all evening. Curious to hear about everyone esles evening.

set most of the evening before seeing my first deer, hit the estrus doe can and acouple of grunts and almost immediately had a really nice 8 point come charging in looking for a fight I'm sure, had him at 32 yards but he never gave me shot oppurtunity, right before dark had 2 does come through and that was it
    no matter the language, everyone understands a punch in the mouth!

11-1-2011

Went out tonight after work, I had 4 does 25yrds from me for about 10min. No bucks tonight..

11/01/11- Hunted my best rut stand, called the Thicket Stand, didn't see anything until 9:45 when two does came through and under stand. They were then intercepted by a 4-pt that growled or aggressively grunted at them and run them away. Soon after that I was doing some aggressive grunting myself and called in a 6-8 pt which walked under stand. Beautiful morning, heavy frost, south wind. Top 5 morning for sure.

11/01/2011 Evening Hunt

I have been out 8 times now by far the best night I just bought a new climber and went out hung it at 1 and got in my stand at around 345. I tried a different strategy instead of crashing through the woods I waded all the way down the creek, no scent to leave behind and hardly any noise. Anyways jumped a doe hanging my stand. Around 4:00 saw a buck unknown size rubbing the heck out of a tree. I was hearing deer a lot in there bedding, but only saw 5 does come out of there until 645 a new BUCK and yes his name is Godzilla a massive 12 point. He was about 80 yards out tried grunting him in he looked at me like really dude I am old I know the game here I am not moving. So I will be back out in the morning for the first time this season.

10/31/11
    ok evening hunt, got on stand at 3:30 pm, temp was at 39 degree's and falling winds about 10-105 mph, but steady
    saw first deer at 4;30 a small button buck
    didn't see any thing but squirrelt till 6;15, had a 12 inch wide 8 ptr walk past me, and that was it! SLOW nite
    was 33 when I left

11/01/11
    evening hunt, was 49 degrees, and falling winds about 5-7 mph and off and on it seemed
    got in the tre at 4 pm, winds slowy stopped by about 5;45,
    at 6;10 had a big coyote walk about the food plot by me, looking for field mice till dark,
    NO deer

was 35 degree's when i left
    BUT by the house in the headlight as I was leaving had a big buck follwing a doe

bUt again, a slow nite on stand, and no real real for it, I have great food plots and low pressure on the property, and high deer numbers yet no daylight activety!!

Thread Information