Well it's been a long time coming but I was down in Meigs County from 11/5 thru 11/13 bowhunting. Every single day my buddy Ed and I saw chasing action. Whether it was small bucks or at times big bucks it was happening. On Sunday 11/6 Ed shot his best buck to date, a real wide rack with GREAT brow tines.

On Wednesday 11/9 I hit a great buck in the morning. Tracked him all day and eventually the heavy rain moved in and washed away an already hard to follow blood trail. Had a couple of great friends come with me the following day to do a search but in the end we couldn't find the buck. I was so heart broken and sick I couldn't even bring myself to come on the forum til after I came back from Ohio.

We came back to Michigan on Sunday 11/13. Monday afternoon I got a text message from my dad saying that my cousin had found the buck on their property, about another 5-550 yards further than where we had lost blood in the rain. He didn't know at the time I was the one who shot it so he contacted the GW to get a salvage tag. So, this weekend I am heading back down to pick up what was left of him after the critters got him. Sure was not the way I wanted it to happen but it's the hand I was dealt.