Thread: 2011/2012 Deer Activity, Hunting Report, Season Information & Rut Report

Hybrid View

Went out this morning from 6:30 am till 11:30 seen two does at 9:58 am that's it so far today. Grab some lunch changing camo and going back out till dark. Anyone else hunting today?
    Martin Exile 60 lbs.
    29.5 D.L.
    Extreme Archey Rubicon 4 Pin Sight
    Nap Appache drop Away Rest
    Nap Apache stabilizer
    Bohning Chameleon 3 Arrow Quiver
    Beman 340 Bowhunters Arrows
    G5 Striker 100 grn

Genesis 27 ... 3 Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game for me.

Good morning in the woods, nice cool morning. Saw a shooter 8 @ 7:30. Looks like the one I saw this past weekend tending a doe. I think the 1st round of breeding is done and the bucks are on their feet again seeking new victims. Should be good today and tomorrow since it will remain cool. The heat last week has suppressed daytime activity. Going to try and make it happen today or tomorrow since youth season starts Saturday morning.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Well it's been a long time coming but I was down in Meigs County from 11/5 thru 11/13 bowhunting. Every single day my buddy Ed and I saw chasing action. Whether it was small bucks or at times big bucks it was happening. On Sunday 11/6 Ed shot his best buck to date, a real wide rack with GREAT brow tines.

On Wednesday 11/9 I hit a great buck in the morning. Tracked him all day and eventually the heavy rain moved in and washed away an already hard to follow blood trail. Had a couple of great friends come with me the following day to do a search but in the end we couldn't find the buck. I was so heart broken and sick I couldn't even bring myself to come on the forum til after I came back from Ohio.

We came back to Michigan on Sunday 11/13. Monday afternoon I got a text message from my dad saying that my cousin had found the buck on their property, about another 5-550 yards further than where we had lost blood in the rain. He didn't know at the time I was the one who shot it so he contacted the GW to get a salvage tag. So, this weekend I am heading back down to pick up what was left of him after the critters got him. Sure was not the way I wanted it to happen but it's the hand I was dealt.

Thread Information