Thread: 2011/2012 Deer Activity, Hunting Report, Season Information & Rut Report

Hybrid View

Take note that he says 0830 and not 830. that 0 before the 8 means AM, or I would think so anyhow. Sounds like military time telling if you ask me. 830 pm would be 2030 to blueflu42.

Had a small 4 point push a group of 5 does around in a bean field last night for about an hour. Nose to the ground, trying like crazy to get his you know what wet. Pre-rut may be just around the corner :-).

Weekend Hunt report. Hunted last saturday 15th.

AM had a WSW wind so I walked to the NE side of my woods to slip in around 7 AM. As I was walking I noticed something in the bean field to the north but could not tell if it was a deer or not due to not enough light. So instead of walking into the woods and getting in my stand I kneeled down in the tree line to wait on daylight. About ten minutes later I could see it was a doe about 60 yards away. She had me but could not figure out what i was. She snort weezed and stomped for about 10 minutes until a fawn and another doe came out. When she looked away i snort weezed back at her. All three of them got to within 40 yards when another group of deer started snort weezing at these deer in front of me. This ran them off. As i stood up there were 4 deer about 20 yards from me. Two doe, a fawn, and an 8 point buck. I knelt back down and the doe walked within 25 yards of me. As I put my scope on her she winded me and ran off. This all went on before i could even get to my stand so it was kind of exciting. Wish i would have shot the doe that was at 25 yards but she was walking in the direction that was going to give me a broad side shot and i figured she would keep walking. Oh well it was fun.

PM hunt last saturday the 15th

Walked into the woods on the north east side. Wind was straight out of the west at about 25 mph. Got into my stand at 4 PM. The only thing i saw was three doe walk about 40 yards to my south but they were on the move. I did not have a good shot on them and hoped they were moving that fast because a buck had bumped them from where they were but iI didnt see anything else. At 645 i could hear deer crossing a creek through the woods but never got a look because there were still too many leaves. I am seeing deer moving which is a good sign. Starting to see Buck by themselves tailing females. Rut is around the corner.

Bucks were on the move this morning.
    Truth be told, this world is full of hunters with the ability to accomplish their hunting goals on their own. Yet the majority of hunters in this world have no knowledge of their true hunting abilities. Commitment and sacrifice are seen as something that is just out of reach or maybe not a choice. Failure is not an option to these hunters and they believe hunting success lies only in the kill. Should these hunters realize that they CAN commit, they CAN sacrifice and that failure is something that should be expected, they too will realize that they CAN do it on their own and they will experience success the way it should be experienced........ DIY STYLE!!!

hunt hard or go home,
    Pete Sisson

Thread Information