Athletic Greens
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011/2012 Deer Activity, Hunting Report, Season Information & Rut Report

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream

2011/2012 Deer Activity, Hunting Report, Season Information & Rut Report

Everyone, let us know what you are seeing out there for deer activity when you are scouting and while hunting this season. If you are comfortable with it, list the county or region you are reporting from. If your report is from a state other than Ohio please still list it here but make sure you mention what state it's from and again, the county or region of that state.

Let us know when you find rubs, scrapes, pre-rut, rut and all post-rut activity. Additional information such as acorn reports, what the deer are eating in your area, deer activity such as bachelor groups, family groups or herding, sparring activity, knock down drag out fights and even the moment you spot a buck with shed antlers. Let us all know! Pictures to go along with your post would be great!

This post will also help out BowhuntingOhio.com member Lucky1 in his research study he is doing at Kent State University:

http://www.bowhuntingohio.com/forum/...783#post125783
    Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
    - Thomas Edison

Senior Member zach-the-deer-slayer's Avatar
    Scioto County OH

I'm seeing a lot of doe and fawn groups feeding in open hayfields in the late evening. Theyre emerging from the woods at about 7:30 pm and grazing into the night. I've seen a few groups of small bucks traveling from cover to cover, but not feeding.
    SWAMP DONKEY ASSASSINS!
    We ain't assin around!

up my way, been seeing a lot of bucks now out of velvet, still in groups of bucks thouigh

and acorns are far and few in most places, where apples are heavy this yr
    but man its been wet, too much rain, hope it dry out some before the season!, and isn't a sign of what the winter is going to be like!
    or there will be kill off if we get snow like we have rain!
    over 60+ inches so far this yr in my area!, double norma for the yr, and still couple months to go!!l!!

Seen first rub yesterday in Clermont county, velvet is coming off. Zero white oaks but red oaks are on this year.
    Patience and perseverance have a magical affect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."
    John Quincy Adams

The big boys have been hitting the soy beans and corn in the late evenings in my spot in SW Ohio. They've been appearing in the fields about 30min before sunset like clockwork for the past month. As sunset gets earlier, they come out earlier. My farm in indiana is mostly hardwoods w/ a 4 acre crp field and mostly all i have is trailcam footage in the early morning hrs of them headed out of the woods into the crp. I think our deer out there are moving more to feed in the crop fields on properties further away since the acorns are lacking.

Seen first scrape Monday evening in Wayne county Ohio.

heading out the door i cant believe its here!!!!!!! good luck to everyone thats heading out....lets get some arrows bloody boys!!!!

Senior Member zach-the-deer-slayer's Avatar
    Well had a deer blow at me around 6. I'm sick and apparently deer aren't attracted to the sound of sneezing.
    SWAMP DONKEY ASSASSINS!
    We ain't assin around!

09/24/11 (Sat) AM report- Got on stand a little late at 7:00, shooting light came about 7:10-7:15. Nice morning, 60's and cool, but the wind was very light and went from SW to E by the time I left at 10:00 AM. If it weren't for texting MWsports and Split_G2 it would have been a boring morning. Never saw a thing othern than bees and squirrels. Had alot of yellow jackets flying around the hickory tree I was in, there is a fairly big locust tree right beside it with alot of holes in it so I was thinking when I put the stand up there was probably bees there. They didn't bother me I didn't bother them, we can co-exist. Had to have a stand in this spot though, it overlooks the intersection of three dozer paths, through some thick stuff. About 100 yards away one path opens up into some oaks and the white oak acorns are falling heavy right now. So I won't give up on this spot just because of today, it should be a good place to be hanging around during the rut as well. Didn't get to hunt this evening, I spent the evening preparing the yard for my little boy's birthday party tomorrow afternoon. So out again on Sunday morning.
    "...the deepest, most permanent features of all great moments outside are the names, faces, descriptions, and emotions. The antlers on the wall...well, they're just bones affixed to boards. But what they represent, however, is flesh and blood - fathers and sons, friends spending time with friends and the the seasons of life when the people we love were still with us. These old antlers on the wall...well, take a seat, my friend, and I'll tell you all about them." -Rev. Zeke Pipher

opener. am
    sat 40 yds inside the timber in a trifecta pinch point between a beaver pond, switchgrass/crp field and bedding cover. have a 40 acre bean field 200 yds across the creek and up the hill due south of the location. DIDNT SEE SQUAT!

walked out around 1030 got busted by a monster sized doe in another field, she jumped down in the creek bottom and having been busted like this before i droped all my crap, knocked an arrow and headed over to the edge of the high bank. sure enough she was trotting right up the creek to me. i came to full draw with her at 30 ft. yes FEET. then she jumped to the other bank:( the other bank is private property. she looked back at me from 20 yds and just walked into the timber.

had to work at bass pro for the evening. might try another location in the morning if i get up on time. if not ill be at BPS from 11-730:( this second job sucks during hunting season.
    2011 Red Head Blackout By Diamond
    Red Head Kryptik 5 pin dove tail sight
    QAD HD Pro drop away
    100grn. Super Sonic
    Red Head Carbon Maxx2 arrows

I do things my way. If you want them done your way, YOU DO IT!

Thread Information