Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011/2012 Deer Activity, Hunting Report, Season Information & Rut Report

Made it out for the evening 10/15. Invited a skin head home for dinner. Invitation accepted, antlerless archery tag#1 filled.
    I saw 3 deer tonight all at last light (two small bucks and my dinner guest). Windy as all get out but decent deer movement.

Sat AM Report- hunted in an oak grove on my property. Beautiful morning, 60 deg with strong and gusty 15-18 mph SW wind, didn't see a thing. Winds must have been too much for the deer, I thought I'd see something hitting the acorns but I was wrong. My property is void of any scrapes or rubs as of yet. Getting some bucks on camera but not much buck sign.

Went out last night. Was cold, raining with wind gusts around 20 out of the southwest. Hunted in a ground blind on the edge of a bean field. Deer activity was slow until 6:00. Had a button head come out followed by a very large mature doe. She was eyeing up the ground blind but was still feeding across field in front of me. Everytime I made the slightest movement she would stare into the blind. Eventually I was able to get my bow off the hook and prepare to draw. Upon drawing she once again stared at me but I was able to get it all the way back w/o her spooking. She stood broadside at 25 yds and watched the arrow fly into her right behind the shoulder. She went about 75 yds and piled up. I'm always impressed with the hole a 2-blade rage puts in an animal. A great night to hunt and deer in the freezer.......AWESOME!!

Tuff weather here...real... real windy all weekend (25-35mph with gust over 40)went out this mornin (monday) at 6 was still a stiff breeze blowin got up my tree and settled in by 7. still dark and quite. 8:00 wind is picking up and becoming steady guessing around 10-15mph...seen three deer (big doe with two young) at 8:20 moving very skittishly into the thick cover about 60 yrds from stand. 9:00 noticed the wind switching from w to more s-sw and even gettin stronger gust now..9:15 seen two jetting through the meadow headed for thick cover. Stayed on stand till 10:30 did'nt see anything else so I climbed out. This wind really blows...... The temps are great here highs just making it to 60 lows in the 40's .Wind is gonna hang around till Tuesday then comes a couple days of rain with the wind....gotta love it. I have also not seen one rub or scrap on the two places I've been hunting.
    ......My biggest fear when I die is my wife selling my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it...... shoot str8.

Well its just after 3 ....can't stand sitting here thinkin bout huntin....I'm goin back in...LOL posst what happens later
    ......My biggest fear when I die is my wife selling my hunting gear for what I told her I paid for it...... shoot str8.

Live in Akron and hunt mostly in Carroll County
    Hunted Friday through Sunday. A terrible weekend, lots of time in three different stands and never saw a deer. High winds on every sit except Sunday morning. My deer have vanished. Not a deer on camera in the last 7 days.
    I may be opinionated...but, my opinion is the only one that matters anyway.

10/17/11
    evening hunt, was 65 degree's with a steady 10-15 mph wind
    got on stand at 4:30, didn't see a thing till 6:30, had a small button buck come out with several deer in the woods behind him, but just wouldn't come out into the food plot, they were on edge i think due to the wind
    then 5-6 minutes later had a small 6 ptr join the button buck,
    he made a small scrape, even pee's in it, then they fed till just about dark, and joined the deer still behind me in the woods about 30-40 yrds back, then they worked there way off to my left into the wind to a different plot, but still didn't go out into it from what i could see in day light!

All my cam's are getting few pic's if any in the daytime, all are at nite and getting very pic's at all
    deer movements are so wierd this yr
    I have some great food plots and still few deer using them, plus about 20 acres of standing corn, nothing is going hear??

I have even got pic's of some does that I can see ribs like crazy on them, and there is no shortage of feed, so i don't get it!

The good old October lull guys. In combination with high winds, hope it changes this Wednesday, lol get to hunt but calling for rain and high winds, same for Thursday! Will be in stand regardless! Things are about to change, we have to be there when it does!
    Patience and perseverance have a magical affect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."
    John Quincy Adams

Went out tonight for a few hours saw 5 doe about 70 yards out at 615 I just couldn't get then to come closer. I seen 19 on the hour drive home. It was a nice night to sit other then the 15 mph wind the whole time. I only had 2 pictures on the cam since last Tuesday.

Our October lull has been going since September though. I think we are fighting land owner contamination though as they are changing the landscape for some reason where we hunt at. We are moving into another area for now to see what is going on.

After sitting in the wind Sunday morning blowing around in a tree (25+MPH) for about 3 hours and seeing no dear (big surprise), we went on a walk in the new area we are going to set up in. Seen quite a bit of tracks and worn down trails, even a couple really nice scrapes. We haven't seen much activity though since about early August when we were seeing a ton of bucks on the deer cams and only a few does. Anyone else hearing reports on the doe population being down?

Thread Information