Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011/2012 Deer Activity, Hunting Report, Season Information & Rut Report

Hunting from 11/8 thru 11/16 just plain sucked! Lets see windy, rain, warm and new dumb a@# hunters on property, target practice with guns! I spent a total of 65+ hours in the stand with nothing to show for it. Have seen a total of 5 deer and only one was a shooter. To top it off the one target buck I have been chasing was shot by a guy that I didnt even know was hunting property. He told me he took a running shot at buck but they never found him, lost blood trail. Had another guy walk into bedding area in the middle of afternoon and another clown on atv driving across picked bean field. Starting to think I'm hunting public ground.
    Spent 7 hours in rain today, I did see shooter buck around 8am but he stayed out 60-70 yards and was looking for does. Just gets tuff when you put in the time all year long getting set for rut and things out of your control happen!
    Enough said......
    Patience and perseverance have a magical affect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."
    John Quincy Adams

Went out this morning from 6:30 am till 11:30 seen two does at 9:58 am that's it so far today. Grab some lunch changing camo and going back out till dark. Anyone else hunting today?
    Martin Exile 60 lbs.
    29.5 D.L.
    Extreme Archey Rubicon 4 Pin Sight
    Nap Appache drop Away Rest
    Nap Apache stabilizer
    Bohning Chameleon 3 Arrow Quiver
    Beman 340 Bowhunters Arrows
    G5 Striker 100 grn

Genesis 27 ... 3 Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game for me.

Good morning in the woods, nice cool morning. Saw a shooter 8 @ 7:30. Looks like the one I saw this past weekend tending a doe. I think the 1st round of breeding is done and the bucks are on their feet again seeking new victims. Should be good today and tomorrow since it will remain cool. The heat last week has suppressed daytime activity. Going to try and make it happen today or tomorrow since youth season starts Saturday morning.

S.E.Michigan to live & S.E. Ohio to dream
    Well it's been a long time coming but I was down in Meigs County from 11/5 thru 11/13 bowhunting. Every single day my buddy Ed and I saw chasing action. Whether it was small bucks or at times big bucks it was happening. On Sunday 11/6 Ed shot his best buck to date, a real wide rack with GREAT brow tines.

On Wednesday 11/9 I hit a great buck in the morning. Tracked him all day and eventually the heavy rain moved in and washed away an already hard to follow blood trail. Had a couple of great friends come with me the following day to do a search but in the end we couldn't find the buck. I was so heart broken and sick I couldn't even bring myself to come on the forum til after I came back from Ohio.

We came back to Michigan on Sunday 11/13. Monday afternoon I got a text message from my dad saying that my cousin had found the buck on their property, about another 5-550 yards further than where we had lost blood in the rain. He didn't know at the time I was the one who shot it so he contacted the GW to get a salvage tag. So, this weekend I am heading back down to pick up what was left of him after the critters got him. Sure was not the way I wanted it to happen but it's the hand I was dealt.

Big Holla hate to hear that! Well only sighting today was the two does this morning just cold and to windy today!
    Martin Exile 60 lbs.
    29.5 D.L.
    Extreme Archey Rubicon 4 Pin Sight
    Nap Appache drop Away Rest
    Nap Apache stabilizer
    Bohning Chameleon 3 Arrow Quiver
    Beman 340 Bowhunters Arrows
    G5 Striker 100 grn

Genesis 27 ... 3 Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game for me.

i finally got enough time to get the pics loaded. here he is. now its time to fill the freezer!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_4301.jpg   IMG_6452.jpg  

BIG HOLLA WHAT TOWN DO U HUNT IN I HUNT IN LANGSVILLE BY THE PUBLIC LAND NOV 9 I TOOK MY BUCK THAT'S ON HERE AS NOV 9 8 POINT ..THEY HAVE BEN RUTTING HARD DOWN THERE....GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ...

ALSO CHECK OUT OHIO HEADHUNTERS IN LANGSVILLE OF OF 124 THEY DO GOOD AND FAIR PRICED ...IM TAKING MIN DOWN THIS WEEKEND ..CHECK THEY HAVE A FACE BOOK JUS TYPE THEM IN

Hunted afternoon today, WINDY. Didnt see anthing until last 15min of shooting light, 2 does came out of the bedding area never got closer than 50yds. So close yet so far, still trying to get one for the freezer. Maybe next time

Out till just now as I just got to wet, earlier the combine was shelling corn and ran out a big buck, who then was chased by a dog till the deer turned around and ran at the dog sending it to the house. It was a ways away and didn't get to count points but had an impressive rack. Sat through most of the rain just got to cold. Have something to do this evening or I would be out, maybe tomorrow. Hasn't rained all that much so will have to see how tomorrow goes. Good luck everyone.

Thread Information