Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011/2012 Deer Activity, Hunting Report, Season Information & Rut Report

11/01/2011 Evening Hunt

I have been out 8 times now by far the best night I just bought a new climber and went out hung it at 1 and got in my stand at around 345. I tried a different strategy instead of crashing through the woods I waded all the way down the creek, no scent to leave behind and hardly any noise. Anyways jumped a doe hanging my stand. Around 4:00 saw a buck unknown size rubbing the heck out of a tree. I was hearing deer a lot in there bedding, but only saw 5 does come out of there until 645 a new BUCK and yes his name is Godzilla a massive 12 point. He was about 80 yards out tried grunting him in he looked at me like really dude I am old I know the game here I am not moving. So I will be back out in the morning for the first time this season.

10/31/11
    ok evening hunt, got on stand at 3:30 pm, temp was at 39 degree's and falling winds about 10-105 mph, but steady
    saw first deer at 4;30 a small button buck
    didn't see any thing but squirrelt till 6;15, had a 12 inch wide 8 ptr walk past me, and that was it! SLOW nite
    was 33 when I left

11/01/11
    evening hunt, was 49 degrees, and falling winds about 5-7 mph and off and on it seemed
    got in the tre at 4 pm, winds slowy stopped by about 5;45,
    at 6;10 had a big coyote walk about the food plot by me, looking for field mice till dark,
    NO deer

was 35 degree's when i left
    BUT by the house in the headlight as I was leaving had a big buck follwing a doe

bUt again, a slow nite on stand, and no real real for it, I have great food plots and low pressure on the property, and high deer numbers yet no daylight activety!!

went out yesterday at 2pm and sat til dark. didn't see anything but squirrels! weird year for me on the property i hunt cause i've hardly seen any deer this season and i usually always see deer about every time i've went out in the past seasons.......starting a new job tonight...3rd shift setting dies......hunting will be really limited now,but thats ok cause everyone needs $$$...lol!

same here with the squirrels... first 3 weeks lots of does and small bucks... 2 does in the freezer... this last week very quiet... took a small snack though at 25 yards....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Squirrel 2011.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	7819

Tuesday eve hunt
    temp low 60s when I got on stand at 4:30. too warm for me but I hunted anyways, I set till dark seen one doe, that was it, bummer of a eve!! The weather looks mild here for the next 7 days, really bummed about that since I only hunt evenings.
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

11/02/11- Morning. Hunted one of my rut stands between two thickets. Absolutely gorgeous morning. Spooked a deer getting in at dark. Sat until 10:30 never saw anything. Walking out a doe was being chased by something and almost ran over me. here was a deer blowing at me, must have been whatever was chasing it. I have no idea where the does have went. If I see any deer at all it is usually small bucks.

11/02/11- Evening. Hunted where two dozer roads intercept and lead to some oaks. Warm evening. Never saw a thing. If there had been a deer within 150 yards of me I would have heard it too due to the noisy leaves. Another evening and no deer. Since Oct 24 I've hunted 11 times and not seen deer five times. Pretty crappy 10 day stretch. I sure hope things pickup around here soon.

Black beard.. We are getting a lot of the same reports. Hit and miss for sure. Should be observing more chasing, cruising activity by now I would think

same here hardly any does small bucks with just 1 mature sighting. I dont get it and the crappy thing is the 10 day outlook has rain all next week....

11/02/11
    evening hunt, was 57 degrees going in warm, winds about 5-10 amd switching directions at will it seems!

wasn't all that confinedt going in i would see any thing

got on stand at 4 pm, then winds were just wrong, and decided to move at 5, got in new stand, and saw first deer movement at 5;10, too far and too much cover to ID bock/doe??
    then right at about 30 minutes before last light, it was like a switch was lifted,
    deer were coming from all directions, I had two shooter bucks 50 yrsd down wind of me, kept thinking I was going to get busted, but they never cared i was there
    they stayed at 50-60 yrds till dark, sparing making rubs and scrape's
    then when too dark to shoot they walked right under me and feed for 15-20 minutes trapping me in the tree!

finally they moved off and i climbed down, had about 20 deer about me tonight, but most only came out past shooting light but atleast i had deer movement, something my place has been lacking lately!

went out this evening to a warm 65 degrees. Saw two doe at 6:15 and that was it. My friend although had a small six point come in and about 5 minutes later rattled and had a huge 9 come in. Long story short, tracked blood for 400 yards bleeding out both sides with still no deer.

Thread Information