Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011/2012 Deer Activity, Hunting Report, Season Information & Rut Report

10-31 Monday eve hunt
    Got on stand at 4:30, saw my first deer a nice size button buck at 4:45, He stood under my stand for a few minutes and then went and fed in the bean field behind me, around a half hour later I had a 3 pointer sneak in behind me and then took off, looked out across the bean field and spotted a shooter buck, nice 8 working his way towards me about 100 yards away, something spooked him and he took off. Then around 6:15 a very nice around 140 10 pointer slipped thru the brush and got to around 60 yards, and started making a scrape. I gently ticked my antlers at him, he threw his head up and stared at my direction for 5 minutes, but never could get him closer. On the walk out from my stand I jumped 2 does, best evening out of my 5 hunts so far! Going to be warm all week but still going to hunt. Bucks are really on the move now.
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

10/31, 4:00pm to 6:30pm. Saw my first buck this year since placing stands in late August. Small 6-pointer was in the vicinity of a couple of doe. They didn't act like they were interested in him so they fed 20-30 yards away not really caring about him or me walking to the stand. Also found my first "big" scrape of the year. Looks like things are starting to pick up. Headed out again tonight. Friends all are starting to see bucks before dark this past week so it's looking good. Good luck everyone!

Headed out again this afternoon..had an unbelievable weekend! Had a split brow 11 within 10 yds. of my stand on Saturday morning (10-29) that came in to a bleat can right at 10:00 in the morning. Walked directly at me... no shot except dead on until he spooked and ran off. Back out Sunday evening (10-30) and saw 14 does. Two as I walked in at 4:00 P.M. Then a group of six was under me for about 10 minutes... Had the largest doe standing in exactly same spot as buck the previous day.. broadside... let them pass. Five more does came by about 30 minutes later followed by a decent 8 point. Would have shot the eight if I had not seen the 11 earlier in the morning.

been out for the last 10 days as i am in a tree now. 4 days ago started seeing bucks move as early as 3i pm. had 2 bucks fighting on sunday and a third came and ran them off they were 200 yards down the field.

just had 2 yearlings come by monday night left early had a bunch of coyotes going crazy by me freaked me out being halloween. now lets hope the big boy comes out.has anyone used ever calm trying it todays

Wink

Small bucks are on the move in noble co. Saw 10 small bucks today between two,three guys...even saw a doe run a fawn off. Looks like business is picking up!

Tonight was the first night I didn't see a deer all evening. Curious to hear about everyone esles evening.

set most of the evening before seeing my first deer, hit the estrus doe can and acouple of grunts and almost immediately had a really nice 8 point come charging in looking for a fight I'm sure, had him at 32 yards but he never gave me shot oppurtunity, right before dark had 2 does come through and that was it
    no matter the language, everyone understands a punch in the mouth!

11-1-2011

Went out tonight after work, I had 4 does 25yrds from me for about 10min. No bucks tonight..

11/01/11- Hunted my best rut stand, called the Thicket Stand, didn't see anything until 9:45 when two does came through and under stand. They were then intercepted by a 4-pt that growled or aggressively grunted at them and run them away. Soon after that I was doing some aggressive grunting myself and called in a 6-8 pt which walked under stand. Beautiful morning, heavy frost, south wind. Top 5 morning for sure.

Thread Information