Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011/2012 Deer Activity, Hunting Report, Season Information & Rut Report

Didn't get a chance t hunt tonight as I had to get my quad out of the shop and I didn't get home till after 6pm, but noticed a small 6 point buck heading across a cut bean field, nose down and heading at a pretty good rate. 1st time on here as I just joined today and just wanted to thank everyone for the updates. Thanks again.

Went out today at about 5pm after the rain. Didn't see a thing but heard a lot in the corn and couldn't pull them out. I got back to the house at 7:15pm. Went on the back porch to make a call at 9pm and heard two bucks just going at it. They were rattling for at least 10-15 minutes. Best of luck and stay safe...

went out this evening with 40 degree weather. Rain stopped around 5 pm and didnt see a thing until I was leaving. Saw a small 6 point. Driving to my place to hunt I did see 4 doe in a field around 3:45p

Went out today around 5pm after the rain stopped and a cold front moved in. Didn't see anything until about 5:45pm. A monster 10 point was eating in a bean field right across from where I live which is about a 1/4 mile from where I was actually hunting. He bedded down in the middle of the field and never seen him again. Then at 6pm I seen another 10 pointer. Not as nice as the other but still a big ol boy. He was at another woods right across the field from me and was walking the border of the words making his scrapes. Once I realized he wasn't going to walk the ditch to me and go to a different woods I gave rattling a shot. He stopped and looked my way for a while and finally decided to change course and head over. He walked along the ditch and went right to my mock scrape and tore the limb all up. Didn't have a great shot so I just watched him for a while and waited for him to check the other scrape out which led him right in front of me and nailed him. Didn't make it 50 yards. Anyway, I've been watching this thread for a while now but haven't seen anything until tonight so I thought I would pass this along. Never seen a doe but the bucks were definitely moving tonight. Good Luck everyone.

Hunted last eve, seen three does in a bean field as I was walking to my stand, got on stand at 4:30, Hunted till around 6;15, when the skies opened up and it poured!! I headed to the house, No other deer seen!! Back at it this eve.
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

10/28/11
    evening hunt
    weather finnaly got better
    was 44 degree's going in and dropping
    had some issue's and couldn't get on stand till 5, saw first derer at 5;15
    a small button buck, he normally came in with mom, but she never showed, so?? on what where she was tonight, maybe got a boyfriend

next deer came in at 6:15, a single med doe, and then two more

had a small 6 point buck show up smell the doe all up and down

then
    GOT to love this
    I hear a cell phone ringing about 100+ yrds below me
    Like come on its crunch time, and I have some jackass trespassing and ruining my evening

wanted to climb down and see if i could catch the SOB, but stuck it out
    saw nothing else

now i am pissed i should have tried to catch the guy
    as i was 300+ yrds from my property linbe, and I know he was closer, so he had to be on my lands

I hate trespassers
    i cannot wait till i kill my buck, so i can hunt them
    the paint ball gun will be out after i tag out
    and I hope its cold, so I can freeze the paintballs!
    they sting a lot more!

10/27/11 Evening- Hunted on the ground at a field corner where I've been seeing loads of does and rumor is there's a buck hanging around as well. Nice evening, cool, NW wind, damp and quiet, never saw a thing.

10/28/11 Evening- Hunted one of my rut stands for the first time. The stand is between two thickets where a ditch and fence/treeline meet. Light rain all evening with an E wind. Never saw a thing. There were two beagles running a rabbit about 100-200 yards from me in the thicket and a neighbor across the road decided to target practice all night with a pistol, but still surprised I didn't see anything.

That makes three evening hunts in a row this week where I didn't see a thing. Thank god I'm hunting a morning tomorrow. Seems like it may be the calm before the storm (chasing, rutting) around here. Halloween is Monday and I love hunting on Halloween.

Friday Eve report.
    Got on stand around 4, temp around 45, partly cloudy, light breeze, I figured deer would be on the move, I figured wrong! I seen One deer at dusk, not even sure what it was. Going to take a few nights off and get back out there on Halloween eve, I agree with BB, this has been a great day in the past for me to hunt!
    Is there anything better than being in the woods?!

Gonna let him walk.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SUNP0011.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	7774I hunt a trac of land inside the city limits. ( 5 min and i'm in my stand ) Basically, right out my back door.
    Been watching 2 does for 3 wks now, finally got a pic of a small buck in the area. Gonna let him walk this year, cause i've spotted one other buck, that is much larger. ( big thick neck, narly looking rack,,a shooter ) No pics of him though.
    Just thought i'd share a few pics and let others know,,ya don't have to go far, to bag a buck.
    Try and get permission to hunt some suburban property. ( you will be surprised at the # of quality deer, right out your back door )

NE OHIO
    STARK CO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails SUNP0013.jpg  

10/29/11
    AM hunt info

was snowing like mad at my house, about 1-2 inches on the ground, and 31 degree's
    headed to the farm, got there at 5:45 am, but only raining there with some snow mixed it, and 34 degrees an little to no wind

walking into my stand i would have swore I was invisable
    I ltterly walked past 4 different doe bedded down, at less than 10-12 feet, and they didn't even look at me, like i wasn't there, I also had two small deer walk right to me, i could pet them they were that close

son't know what to say about that but it was cool!

saw one small button buck at 8:30, and that was it, sat till 10am, had things to do, and was plenty wet by then anyways

did find several Fresh scrapes on the way out

be back out tonight, as I have 6-7 inches of snow right now at my place, and about 1-2 inches at the farm, but calling for up to a foot,at my house and maybe 6-7 at the farm
    amazing how just a couple hunderd feet in elevation makes such a big difference

Thread Information