Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coyote Gun?

I took my first and only yote with a Double Star AR15 with a bipod and scope using Wolf HP ammo at about 200yds... one shot, one kill. The beauty of the AR... if you miss, keep trying I suggest you don't miss though...

As was said there are lots of choices out there just make sure you choose the right ammo. Personally I am eyeing up a .243 since I can use it from everything from deer to groundhogs with proper bullet selection but I live where I can hunt just about everything with a rifle. And well I want one.
    “I don't partake in assembly-line convenience. I don't say that killing things is bad while I hire people to kill things for me.” ~ Ted Nugent

I just got a .223 Savage axis, with a 3-9 Bushnell scope. Reviews I read talk about it be low end but very accurate. It is very accurate! Haven't shot a coyote yet but did sight it in and was very impressed. I got a great deal at Dunhams $299.00 with scope. I plan on Camoing it with Hydrographing. You can look up Mydipkit.com looks really cool what can be done with that stuff. I went out yesterday and saw no coyotes but 3 nice bucks running together. Very cold out but I was dressed warm and it was great to be out!

well Savages are always known to be very accurate rifles
    so thats no suprise to me

as for that camo dipping stuff
    well I am sure it looks good when done
    but to be honest its no wear near as good a coating as many others out there
    like cerakote or Duracoate, Black Ice or the likes
    these coating can be done in any camo pattern you wnat , can be done in do it yourself kits, and protects the firearm way better than them dips do
    prep on all coatings in a big deal maker or breaker just a heads up!
    so, just something to think about maybe, and congrats on the new guns

Thread Information