Hey ya'll! This is Courtney. Thanks for all of the congratulations, they mean the world to me; I've never been so proud of any thing in my life! It is a feeling that I will never duplicate again because it was my first deer. It is a feeling that I would never have experienced without my Daddy. I don't think Daddy will ever know how thankful I am that he is close to me and will take me hunting! He told me that I should get on here and tell my story so if you want to hear about it read the piece below that will be entirely longer than it probably should be!

When I got settled under the trees I sat and watched straight ahead toward the field where Daddy told me would be my best bet. I waited for about 30 minutes and heard alot of rustling in the leave by me. I texted my brother who was just over the ridge and asked if he was rustling leaves; his reply: I am as quite as a church mouse. I watched closer as the sun started to rise and discovered none other that two squirrels wrestling (got your hopes up didn't I!) I watched in that direction for a few minutes before turning my attention back to the field I was sure I would kill my first deer in. After about 15 minutes I looked to my right where I thought I heard faint footsteps; there it was, the deer I would take home. I looked at the deer and started to shake. "This is the deer I am gonna bust today. You're mine doe," I told myself. At the time my eyes were adjusting and I thought my deer was a doe! The deer looked like it was gonna walk a straight path right behind me and wouldnt give me a shot. Then about 20 yards away, it turned and started to go down the ridge beside me; just a few more steps and I would have a shot. Two more steps and I could see that this deer had a rack! "YES! A spike! Even better! Mommy and Daddy will be so proud!" I kept telling myself. I shook even harder! When I saw that I was for sure going to have a shot, I began to turn toward the spike. It was a constant cycle: He would move, I would move; He would stop, I would stop. There it was, the shot I was waiting for! I looked through my shaking scope and tried to calm my convulsing self. BOOM! BAM! RING! BOOM-the 30/30 Daddy used for his first deer, the 30/30 Tristan used for his first deer, The 30/30 I just shot my first deer with! BAM-My first deer falling less than a split second after the Boom from my rifle. RING- My phone in hand calling Daddy twice not even a second after the deer was shot and laying. "what?" Daddy asked sounding rather irritated to be recieving a phone call in the woods. " DA DA DADDY DADDY! YOU GOTTA COME GET ME! I I I I SHOT AND AND HE FELL AND AND I CAN'T STAND UP(at this point I am falling against the tree from trying to stand on my shaking knees)! DADDY DADDY YOU GOTTA COME HERE!" I exclaimed into the phone. "OK darlin! I'll be right there! I'm proud of you!" said my now very happy Daddy. I stumbled across the 20 yards between me and my spike. I approached the deer and looked down. WOAH! 4 points! Then as Daddy and Papaw(who heard the news from daddy) came to me and the deer Daddy said "Hunny thats a 5 point!" I thought that since the other wasnt over an inch it didnt count. Papaw had the happiest glow I had seen on him in a long time. I felt so accomplished! I took pictures with my deer and basked in the happiest moment I could remember!

On a side note, Daddy I love you and I am so thankful that you take me hunting and that I got to share this experience with you! I wouldnt have had it any other way! Thank you Daddy-O! I love you!