I have killed a few deer while growing up... all button bucks and does with shotgun slugs.When I was 40years old, I moved to Muskingum County, OH and that's when I was introduced to bowhunting. The guys at work all viewed trailcam pictures during lunch in the fall and talked about the deer they had captured on camera. They always got together on Thursday nights during August and September and practiced with their bows. It sounded like fun, so I asked one of the guys if he would help me find a decent used bow and teach me to shoot. He did both, and I bought a used Jennings Speedmaster from a 20 year old kid who said he had harvested several deer with it. It was a solid shooter, but noisy! I practiced for a couple weeks in early November and then climbed a tree stand for the first time the week prior to Ohio Shotgun season. The second time in the stand, I had a wide 8 pass by at 15 yards and stop dead in his tracks when i grunted. I was so excited that my leg was shaking and I forgot to use my peep sight. I shot directly under him and he sauntered away. He was killed on that same property the following Tuesday during gun week. The following year... I purchased a Mathews Outback, practiced at my buddy's house, and then attended two 3D shoots with several of the guys from work. I harvested my first bow kill (a button buck) on Monday, October 17th. The following Saturday morning I had an 11 point split brow tine 150+ deer walk directly at me within 10 feet of my same tree stand. I never had a shot other than straight on and I knew better than to wound a deer like that with a poor shot. He is still out there, and so am I! I don't think i will ever gun hunt again!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something ! Winston Churchill