PDA

View Full Version : Archery in Saudi Arabia

oldhoyt
09-16-2009, 08:02 PM
I was offered a position in Saudi Arabia and I'm wondering if anyone knows if its legal to own a bow over there. Per there customs website its illegal to bring any weapon in. But could one have it shipped there or even buy one while over there. I'm anticipating lots of free time and I wouldn't want to be away from it for a whole year.

Curran
09-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Wow! I know the job market is tough right now, but Saudi Arabia? ;D

I don't know a thing about the laws in that part of the world, except that they're generally much different than our own. Best of luck!

oldhoyt
09-16-2009, 09:04 PM
I wish google was more help. From all I can find I would have to buy a permit to own it so I think I would have to buy another bow after I got the permit.

Curran
09-17-2009, 07:24 AM
I guess the good news would be that you get to buy a new bow. The not so good news would be that archery shops are probably tough to find.

nkinzy
09-17-2009, 07:24 AM
Oldhoyt, ARe you married? I hope not. Otherwise, your wife is going to hate it there. Can't show any skin whatsoever......and for that matter you will hate it too.

superbuckeye
09-17-2009, 11:05 AM
I know I would despise it if women couldn't show skin here!

DRHUNTERll
09-29-2009, 09:19 PM
LOL I coundn't agree more BB

shaffett
11-24-2012, 08:07 AM
Just curious what the result was as I have had a couple clients ask us to ship bows to Saudi and we were unsure about customs.

mrbb
11-24-2012, 11:24 AM
well I know a few guys in the military that have bows over there with them, but they don't follow standard rules as a worker in that country would have to

I would strongly suggest contacting the US embassy there and have them find out for you
anything you find on line can be wrong and lead you to troubles

radicalxl
11-24-2012, 05:03 PM
Good luck hearing back on this one. Do you guys realize that this post started over 3 years ago? And the guy only has 4 posts total.
But since you guys drug it up, I guess I'm a little curios too.