PDA

View Full Version : WAKE UP! -Blair Holts Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009

SW_Ohio_Deer
02-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Introduced 1/9/2009.
Currently in Congressional committee.

Amends the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act to prohibit a person from possessing a firearm unless that person has been issued a firearm license under this Act or a state system certified under this Act and such license has not been invalidated or revoked. Prescribes license application, issuance, and renewal requirements.
Prohibits transferring or receiving a qualifying firearm unless the recipient presents a valid firearms license, the license is verified, and the dealer records a tracking authorization number. Prescribes firearms transfer reporting and record keeping requirements. Directs the Attorney General to establish and maintain a federal record of sale system.
Prohibits:
(1) transferring a firearm to any person other than a licensee, unless the transfer is processed through a licensed dealer in accordance with national instant criminal background check system requirements, with exceptions;
(2) a licensed manufacturer or dealer from failing to comply with reporting and record keeping requirements of this Act;
(3) failing to report the loss or theft of the firearm to the Attorney General within 72 hours;
(4) failing to report to the Attorney General an address change within 60 days; or
(5) keeping a loaded firearm, or an unloaded firearm and ammunition for the firearm, knowingly or recklessly disregarding the risk that a child is capable of gaining access, if a child uses the firearm and causes death or serious bodily injury.
Prescribes criminal penalties for violations of firearms provisions covered by this Act.

Directs the Attorney General to:
(1) establish and maintain a firearm injury information clearinghouse;
(2) conduct continuing studies and investigations of firearm-related deaths and injuries; and
(3) collect and maintain current production and sales figures of each licensed manufacturer.
Authorizes the Attorney General to certify state firearm licensing or record of sale systems.

After 2 years, the bill can be made retroactive to include EVERY GUN IN EVERY HOUSEHOLD in the United States. This includes the old sweet 16 your grand pappy gave you on his death bed. Failure to comply with registration will result in stiff penalties and/or jail time.

A country of unarmed citizens is not governed. They are Ruled.

redneckross
02-15-2009, 08:04 PM
:wtf:

This is total BS!!!!!! I think its funny that they (washington and non gun owners) think that guns used in crimes are purchased at cabelas and gander mountain. Their minds cant understand the concept that criminals target unarmed victims!

WAKE UP WASHINGTON!!!!! The guns these people have are already illegal and any law you pass is only going to hurt the LEGAL gun owner. When the day comes that a legal gun owner cant defend himself, his home, his family or his property from criminals with illegal guns will be the day that this country pulls the plug on itself and will fall to the hands of radical extremists!

superbuckeye
02-15-2009, 08:31 PM
More garbage from D.C.

blackbeard
02-15-2009, 11:24 PM
I'm not surprised whatsoever, better get used to this fellas, 4 years of attacks on our 2nd amendment freedoms.

nkinzy
02-17-2009, 07:38 AM
Too many attacks= WAR!

I'll I'm going to say is make me!

holywho
02-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Good thing I already got rid of all my guns :sorry:

nkinzy
02-17-2009, 12:28 PM
I stickied this post....that way everyone will get a chance to view it. I'm going to post a link to congress's webpage or more specifically too this bill....so that way we can keep an eye out for it's progress.....or hopefully death.

OHBooner
02-17-2009, 03:24 PM
I never had any desire to have any gun other than a shotgun or hunting rifle. Now I'm buying an AR and a couple pistols asap before I no longer have the choice.

blackbeard
03-17-2009, 12:59 AM
Amen Booner, stock up, more guns means more criminals hopefully getting shot.

Mike F
08-27-2009, 08:47 PM
Good thing I already got rid of all my guns :sorry:

I gave all mine away also.

heelbilly
08-27-2009, 09:07 PM
Congress is a bunch of IDIOTS anyway. The firearm and ammunition industry is absolutely booming because of everything that's going on in Washington. I know I have spent my fair share on guns and ammo in the past year. Maybe one day they'll wake up and smell the roses and understand that they are essentially crippling the law abiding citizens with all of this crap they keep trying to do. They fail to look at all of the statistics and only run their propoganda out for everyone to see....BS...

ohiowhitetails
08-28-2009, 12:14 AM
How did we get this land and keep it???? So tired of this crap :BangHead: