PDA

View Full Version : Members - who is still here?

Pep4
09-29-2017, 01:27 PM
Looks like only a few guys left...as long as the site stays up I'll keep checking in for hunting season...PA season starts tomorrow...too bad cuz it used to be a great site to interact with other archers...the contest was great more for interacting with others...I still text with a couple of my old teammates...we lost our cabin this year and finding hunting property in Ohio is like knocking on Michael Waddell's door and asking to hunt!

mrbb
09-29-2017, 01:46 PM
yeah I'm still here, and yes this once was a great site, way back when we had the camp outs and all,
but things just went south on folks adding anything to the site
and as always, more lookers than talkers here

best of luck to anyone going out Tomorrow

temps should be pretty good as to the last few days here in the 90's and
was just 38 here this morning! BIG drop in temps

hortontoter
10-05-2017, 09:57 PM
I'm still alive and surprised I was able to still log on. Glad to see you are still around Stan. 70's and 80's here, the crossbow is just gathering dust.

zachc
10-06-2017, 01:36 AM
You got that right about trying to get permission Pep4! Lol. I just got back from Alabama tonight and I'm going to try and get my a** out of bed in a few hours to go sit in the stand on a new piece of property that a got permission on a couple of weeks ago...hopefully put a nice big doe in the freezer.

Was talking with a couple guess on my wife's side in Alabama and they said they are allowed 3 bucks a year and 2 does a day!! And they said their population is still way high lol.

Pep4
10-06-2017, 03:37 PM
Well we found a cabin...we have some public land nearby and 1 private piece to hunt but it's 95% fields and he only owns a little ways into the woods...hopefully we can get lucky and find a couple other places to hunt.
GOOD LUCK to all Ohio hunters tomorrow!

mrbb
10-08-2017, 10:36 PM
glad to you checking in here, been a while
hope your doing OK there and best of luck if you get out in some cooler weather
I think I gave up hunting, just enjoy seeing others enjoying it more

so best of luck to all getting out looking for a buck/or doe!

radicalxl
10-14-2017, 08:06 AM
Still check in now and again. First time I logged in for good while. Never see much going on. Was thinking just the other day about stopping out to see you Hortontoter, glad your alive and kickin!

00buck
10-15-2017, 08:55 AM
I still check in also not allot of activity on here so it's not hard to catch up

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mrbb
10-16-2017, 11:41 AM
yup slow and getting slower here, even now with dear season going and its still like dead in here?
a real shame from what it once was here!

00buck
10-19-2017, 08:23 PM
Yeah it was great before I haven't seen mike or anyone else on

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

nomad_archer
10-20-2017, 09:04 AM
Yea this place is so slow I hardly bother to come by. Additionally, other sites I used to frequent have had a major drop off in participation. I attribute some of this to social media as it seems more and more people move to use facebook groups or Instagram, etc to share hunting/fishing experiences, pictures, or just to tell each other they are doing it wrong. Thats the trend I see. Not that the analysis is meaningful but thats what I am seeing. People want the instant feedback and likes more than to connect and have a discussion.

bamabowhunter
10-26-2017, 02:48 PM
Zachc where abouts is your wife's family in Al.?

ernie
11-04-2017, 11:59 AM
still here

zach-the-deer-slayer
11-20-2017, 11:24 AM
Only stop by once a year...
This place used to be poppin and the big contest was something I looked forward to every year. What the heck happened?

Stonegod
11-21-2017, 06:45 AM
I'm still around but haven't checked in here in 2 year's or so(?). Good to see radicalxl is still kicking and I've stay in contact with hortontotor on a fairly regular basis. We've been out coon hunting and fished a few times in the past few years. When I joined this site back in 2010 it was a popping site with tons of active members and the fall deer contest was a blast. I joined this site as a newbie deer hunter with no kills and that continue for several seasons. I now score at least one deer since the 2013 season, though a battle with DVT and PE (blood clots in my legs and lungs) has me sitting out this season this far. It's sad to see a site that was so alive with discussions etc. die, but unfortunately things change. But at least this site gave me a hunting mentor and good friend...hortontotor :)

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

nomad_archer
11-21-2017, 07:51 AM
Only stop by once a year...
This place used to be poppin and the big contest was something I looked forward to every year. What the heck happened?

Well, you left and only stopped in every once in awhile. More people left and only stopped in but didnt post much. vicious cycle that added up to this place being dead. I also believe there was also a similar ohio themed outdoor forum that launched and may have added to the demise.