PDA

View Full Version : Summer sightings

zachc
07-23-2016, 10:28 AM
Anyone seeing any promising bucks this summer? I have seen a LOT of does this spring/summer and a few small bucks here and there. So far the only good bucks I've seen was about 3 weeks ago in the middle of the day, as I was driving to work they stepped out of a small thicket into a bean field about 50-60 yards from the road. I'm telling you fellas, these 2 dudes were huge! Already pushing the 150" mark and I was able to slow down and get a very good look at them to. Of course I'm sure that property isn't able to be hunted but I'm gonna try to find out lol! But as far as by the house this year... not so good. I have 1 doe that shows up fairly regularly in the evenings, very little pics/videos during the night, and haven't had a buck on the camera's for a few months now. What's everyone else seeing this year......

00buck
07-23-2016, 08:57 PM
Nothing all does and fawns

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mrbb
07-25-2016, 08:57 PM
I run a feeder some what ( in winter and then till mid summer some what, don'
t keep it full all the timne, just add some here and there now a days!)
But , this is the second yr in a row I haven't seen a buck in my yard, and the ONLY 2 yrs I can say that in the 20+ I am here
and NO the bears DON"T keep them away, always have same amount of bears over the past 30+ yus here, get bears and deer at same time alal the time!

also, have a few really BIG doe's with NO fawns too, second yr ina row ion them too!

NOW if I walk a 1/4-1/2 mile behind my place(have like 10,000 acres behind me)
I will see a LOT of small bucks and doe's and fawns, the land owner behind me has about a 100+ acres of food plots there and they really seem to be holding the critters there
all but Bears
I get a LOT of bears here all the time
12 different one's so far this yr

but even on the plots haven't seen anything BIG this yr, but honestly haven't been looking for them either!
as this will be yr 3 I ain't deer hunting , kinda got burned out on killing them LOL
here is a couple pic's of the largest bear this yr, a honest 600+ lb one
was here dogging a female about 25+ times over a 3 week period
even took a nap here while she hid from him

she had him going in circles around the equipment trailer, poor guy couldn't get any closer than half a lap behind, she had him working for it!!
she is about a 350 lb female, very large for a female too!

I got the tag number off this one too, and KNOW the real weights as he was tagged last June at 593 lbs, and he's bigger this yr!, by fall, he's an honest 750+ lb bear or more!
a true monster of a black bear

have a second one that shows up that is about the same size but a LOT younger, this guy is OLD maybe 18+ yrs old

mrbb
07-25-2016, 08:57 PM
not sure if anyone can see the pic's , but seems like something isn't working on the site
as pic's used to work here doing same way as always,
made an attempt to hear from someone running/on the site, but ??? will see if they get back to me , or in any timely fashion that is, won't be holding my breath LOL

00buck
07-27-2016, 06:35 AM
No pics mrbb not sure what's going on

mrbb
07-27-2016, 08:03 PM
yeah, they showed up, then said ACCESS DENIED
and ?? No idea
Oh well ,had some very nice pic's of a huge black bear, up close and personal, was about 20 ft from it as I took pic's LOl

zachc
08-28-2016, 01:12 AM
There for a lil while I was seeing deer almost every night on my way home from work but here other last couple of weeks it seems like that has died off. Of course these 90°+ temps aren't helping at all...

bowhuntingohio
08-28-2016, 02:57 AM
Try to upload again and let me know if you have this error now... Thanks Chris

mrbb
08-29-2016, 09:05 AM
ok still get this error, it comes/shows up across the top of the page as soon as I click on Relpy, and then get a second one when I click on Manage attachments?
so cannot upload, with this warning, error??

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/functions_newpost.php on line 200

THEN I get this crap, all over all the previous posts?? here is an example cannot copy and paste EXACLTY how it looks, but its basically, the same above message just over top of print/text, covering it like, making it into a scramble oif words??

bowhuntingohio
Try to upload again and let me know if you have this error now... Thanks Chris
Yesterday, 05:12 AMzachc
There for a lil while I was seeing deer almost every night on my way home from work but here other last couple of weeks it seems like that has died off. Of course these 90°+ temps aren't helping at all...
07-28-2016, 12:03 AMmrbb
yeah, they showed up, then said ACCESS DENIED
and ?? No idea
Oh well ,had some very nice pic's of a huge black bear, up close and personal, was about 20 ft from it as I took pic's LOl
07-27-2016, 10:35 AM00buck
No pics mrbb not sure what's going on

07-26-2016, 12:57 AMmrbb
not sure if anyone can see the pic's , but seems like something isn't working on the site
as pic's used to work here doing same way as always,
made an attempt to hear from someone running/on the site, but ??? will see if they get back to me , or in any timely fashion that is, won't be holding my breath LOL
07-26-2016, 12:57 AMmrbb

zachc
08-31-2016, 01:35 AM
Uhh...ok lol. So anyways driving home tonight, about 10:30, up ahead I saw a small animal in the rd. Thought maybe it was a coyote, got up on it and it was a very lil fawn, spots head to hoof. I literally had to stop and keep beeping at her until she finally stumbled off into the woods, poor lil thing was clueless to what was going on, prolly wasn't a week old. I could have got out and picked her up and set her in the back seat with no problem, not sure where momma was at, hopefully still alive. Just thought it was cool....

bowhuntingohio
09-01-2016, 10:12 PM
Seen a few tonight

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160902/672827327e354f6d3aed83f9f730b5d9.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160902/facfa6e87395702468f51796d8b67845.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160902/234735d556f43ec1a4223617491a0e64.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Toke2
09-03-2016, 11:07 AM
Dropping a co-worker off at the Cleveland Airport last week, about 7:30 a.m. Was on Turnpike Westbound, and I often see deer on the right side of the turnpike between 77 and 71 so always looking. He was talking as I was starting to veer onto the off ramp of 71, I saw something big and brown, but knew it was too big to be a deer, as we got closer and started to make the turn, there were two BIG bucks, locked up. Forehead to Forehead, just standing there. Have never seen this other than on TV. If I didn't have to get to the airport, and was by myself, I would have stopped. They were huge bodied deer and with the tangle mess of antlers there was no telling how many points but both had tremendous Mass. I sure hope they got unstuck, would be a shame for one or both to go that way. I'll never forget that sighting.

00buck
09-03-2016, 05:14 PM
Nice deer and good to see people posting some

mrbb
09-03-2016, 08:41 PM
nice pic's
I'd post a few, but cannot, too many errors still??
this site doesn't work as it used to for me??

mrbb
09-03-2016, 08:41 PM
nice pic's
I'd post a few, but cannot, too many errors still??
this site doesn't work as it used to for me??

bowhuntingohio
09-03-2016, 08:52 PM
Mrbb.. what are you posting from? PC , phone , tablet? Also what browser or app. I want to get this fixed for you but I need to figure out what the issue is. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

zachc
09-03-2016, 11:18 PM
Well it looks like at least one of us will be having a good season! Lol.

00buck
09-04-2016, 12:19 PM
Yeah somebody will have a good season

LAOhio
09-05-2016, 09:27 PM
Of course I don't live there full time but am driving up this week to plant and hang sets. One of our members sent us pics of a stud that was a mid 140's 8 last year that a mid 150's 9 this season with some extra trash on the bases. Hoping he's got friends he likes to hang with. Our property has and gets a lot of does due to our plot scheme so I hope for the best. Glad to see this site still up and running, looks like the usual crowd. Good luck this year fellas

00buck
09-05-2016, 09:49 PM
Where do you hunt in ohio

mneal
09-07-2016, 09:25 AM
I have had some good trail camera pics of decent bucks... most recently I got this tall-tined guy three nights in a row. I will try to upload a few pics of three different bucks..1133011330

mrbb
09-07-2016, 01:40 PM
using a PC and AOL
today things seem OK, no errors showing up, but its hit and miss here, some days I can some days I cannot even log on without errors across the top of the BHO web page

zachc
09-17-2016, 12:16 AM
Still no bucks here. I have a cam back in the woods that hopefully has something good on it for me, prolly checked it this weekend. Been seeing some does here and there but yep, no bucks. ??

zachc
09-18-2016, 11:26 PM
So last week I was able to get back in the woods and relocate my stand to the opposite side of the woods, almost butts up to a good size pine thicket now. Everything looks real good and I gotta say I feel a lot more confident about this set up than where I was, but we'll see I guess. Today I took a couple big tsc mineral blocks back by the stand to bust them up. On the way back, I located the first rub of the year! Fresh too! Still had the shavings from the tree laying at the base of the tree on top of the leaves. May sound crazy but that's SO exciting...for the fact that I haven't had a pic of a buck since spring. Anyone else finding any rubs yet?

00buck
09-19-2016, 06:07 AM
No rub as of yet but also just glassed the first buck of the season last night and probably 20 does

zachc
09-23-2016, 09:43 AM
Saw a few does on the way home last night. Cameras are still pretty much empty here. Anyone have a big one patterned yet? I know these 90° temps aren't going to help us at all!

mrbb
09-23-2016, 09:57 AM
been seeing a nice 10 pointer not too far behind my place, but he never come into my yard, when I have my cam's at right now
and that's funny, as I have a lot of apple's dropping, and other than the past 2 yrs,
when them apples fall, I normally get a lot of deer eating them

yet to date, 2 yrs now in a row, not a single bucks has come for a apple
lots of doe and other critters, just NO Bucks
just very weird ,
and NO one is hunting or shooting them here , so its NOT like there not safe or being harassed?
last few yrs have had a LOT of bears here, but I get bears and doe's here at same time all the time??
and had bears and bucks here in the past??

the season's getting close, best of luck to you all !