PDA

View Full Version : Good News!!!!!

ManOfTheFall
11-11-2015, 01:17 PM
He's still alive!!!!! The big buck that I shot 9 days ago is definitely still alive. Yep, He's still alive but he does have a limp on his right front leg. Other than that he looks okay. He was off to my right and I saw him through some trees. I didn't think he'd see me so I grabbed my bow and he must of caught my movement. He turned and bounded a few steps then started walking and let out one snort. I guess in the low light I didn't account enough for the steep shot angle with him being so close. The hit actually looked half decent but because of the angle he is still walking. I did get a better look at his rack and I would guess he is a solid 160" or better. Now you all know what the rest of my season will be dedicated to.

mossbergbryson
11-11-2015, 02:06 PM
Go get him!

mrbb
11-11-2015, 03:27 PM
good to hear you seen him and KNOW he is alive and kicking, a poor hit and NO answer to what happened to him, is a harder pill to swallow I think
so you have peace of mind
and NOW more motivation to get after him

so, best of luck to you getting him, sounds like a hell of a buck!

heelbilly
11-11-2015, 05:35 PM
Yessir, go get him.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ManOfTheFall
11-17-2015, 06:38 PM
Looks like me and Mr. Big Boy is going to be a long drawn out battle. This evening was now my 4th encounter with him. I was walking into my stand and I busted him out of his bed 25 yards away from my stand. Hopefully I can get him before gun season.

mrbb
11-17-2015, 08:59 PM
well come on now, he's waiting for you to shoot him LOL
your just not putting in enough time maybe HAHA!
but at least your seeing him and that's always a plus in my book
good luck and look forward to seeing a pic with him

zachc
11-17-2015, 09:42 PM
Do you have any cameras up on the property he's living on?

ManOfTheFall
11-18-2015, 01:38 AM
No, but I've been hunting this property since I've been a kid. I know where his bedroom is and I know where the feeding areas are. I have 5 stands and a blind in his core area. So, hopefully one of these times before the season is over I get him in one of these spots. Lucky for me there is not a lot of pressure here even in gun season. This is the first real time I have ever been matching wits with a buck for this long and it looks like it will be very interesting to see if I am able to get him this year.

zachc
11-18-2015, 08:49 AM
That's awesome man! If there's not a lot of pressure there for gun season on sure he'll be hiding in there somewhere. That would just top your season off wouldn't it? Best of luck to you.