PDA

View Full Version : Sleepless night tonight!!!!!

ManOfTheFall
11-02-2015, 07:34 PM
I was just going to get down out of my stand and I heard foot steps. I saw what looked to be a pretty good buck to my left. He came right in and gave me an 8 yard broadside shot. He kicked, hit the ground, got back up and bolted off. With the time and visibility, I wasn't quite sure of shot placement. I did get my arrow and it had bright red blood on it. It wasn't covered but it definitely wasn't a gut shot. I walked to the last place I saw him and there was good blood there. Since I wasn't sure of the shot placement I backed out and my son and I are going back in the morning. If I had to guess I would say he is at least 20" wide and 150" or better. I think he was at least a 10.

mrbb
11-02-2015, 08:25 PM
well sleepless nights are a GOOD thing when they lead to a nice big DEAD buck LOL
SO, I am hoping that's the case for you
as I know this feeling all too well,, over the yrs it happens
I am a firm believer in rather wait m, than risk pushing it

so hang in there, look forward to some pic's tomorrow!

AND
being a guy that has had insomnia all my life
sleepless nights are MY norm
and trust me
NONE are good, without a HOPE of a good day ahead! LOL
you have me beat even now LOL

zachc
11-02-2015, 10:35 PM
I agree, better to back out and try in the morning than to push him in the dark and he dies in a creek bed where no one ever finds him. If your guess is right about his size sounds like you gotta stud on your hands. Best of luck and let us know how it turns out.

nomad_archer
11-03-2015, 06:52 AM
I will have to say you probably did the right thing. Although with the signs you saw it is hard not to wait a few hours and go and try. Good luck this morning. I would have had a hard, hard time waiting.

heelbilly
11-03-2015, 10:32 AM
Good luck, hope you find him. I would agree that you did the right thing, however...it would be extremely hard to wait.

ManOfTheFall
11-03-2015, 11:01 AM
So far no buck. I am talking with a guy that has a tracking dog right now.

mrbb
11-03-2015, 11:29 AM
well sorry it wasn't an easy deal
I was going to suggest a dog too so, hope that works out, dogs are amazing animals

so, good luck and update as you find it!\

looking forward to a big buck pic from you!

ManOfTheFall
11-03-2015, 11:46 AM
After going over all the sign, the arrow, the little bit of blood, the ground we covered, and playing the shot over in my head and conversing with the tracker we came to the conclusion this deer is still on his feet. So as bad as I feel right now, I want redemption that much more.

mrbb
11-03-2015, 07:39 PM
oh well that sucks I been in your shoes before and know it sucks all too well

but lets hope he makes it and you get another chance at him

Guess I will be a little longer for the pic that's all LOL

Toke2
11-03-2015, 07:47 PM
Sorry to hear MOTF. Hope you get another encounter... Now it's personal.

nomad_archer
11-04-2015, 07:25 AM
That sticks. Sorry about that MOTF. Good luck next time you see him.