Pep4
10-22-2015, 03:06 PM
Team 3 let's use this thread.

mossbergbryson
10-22-2015, 03:31 PM
Heck Ya team tagout

Pep4
10-23-2015, 01:21 PM
No team tagout last night! I didn't see squat. Sat in a hidden mid hollow food plot where i've gotten some of my hit list bucks on camera in daylight hours...was pretty excited just sitting there...oh well getting back out tonight...things should pick up next week as i beleive the chase phase will be starting...I'll be out every day from now through Nov. 21st.

mossbergbryson
10-23-2015, 01:59 PM
I sat yesterday too and didn't see anything. But the wind was pretty bad so I couldn't sit my sets where I have pictures. I just went to some other spots so that I could still hunt.

mneal
10-26-2015, 02:18 PM
Sat Friday night and never saw a deer... first time this year. Did not hunt Saturday but made it back out last night. Saw Nine deer total.. two young button bucks earlier in the evening cruising around by themselves... then I had six does.. three on each side of my tree who were in no hurry at all walk underneath me. I did not shoot any does... (school night) and I thought there might be a buck coming close behind them on the same trail, that did not happen. Sat until too dark for an ethical shot, and just as I was lowering my bow, a big bodied six point walked under my stand. He walked right acrossed the does trail... never even looked up and headed in a different direction then they did. So.... I think it is still early. Never got busted and had six underneath me for 10 minutes or so, I will take that any day. Headed back out tonight.

mneal
10-26-2015, 02:29 PM
Your Ohio location is North of SR 16 I believe, I am South of 16 about 7 miles off of Creamery road. Not too far from the Longaberger Mansion f you know where that is on Creamery Road. I work in Dresden though and I know the area you are referring to. Interestingly, Dale Earnhardt Jr. racing team just bought over 200 acres near there as a hunting property. The Campbell's Camera crew just bought a property near my ground too. The celebrities are moving in and driving up prices.

mossbergbryson
10-26-2015, 02:43 PM
It's a shame that hunting seems to be becoming a rich man's game. The days of knocking and asking permission are pretty much done.

mossbergbryson
10-27-2015, 08:40 AM
Well just saw 3 doe and a decent buck. Only problem is they were 150 yards from my stand

Pep4
10-27-2015, 12:59 PM
I hunted last Friday night and didn't see a deer...coyotes fired up right near me close to dark though. Saturday morning i saw one lone doe pass by at 50 yards. Saturday night i was debating on going out with the pending weather, i usually don't hunt in the rain, not a fan, anyways sat in a tree for about an hour with the wind whipping hard then a little rain started, I got down and did some scouting and got out of there.

Pep4
10-27-2015, 01:03 PM
Monday morning about 7:30am i saw a black bear...then about 8:30am another black bear came up the same way...i'm sitting in a sag on the ridge just above a 50 acre corn field (which is big for our area of PA). Then about 9:30am i had a 3 point walk under me. Then about 15 minutes later a doe came running towards me...i got excited thinking a buck might be chasing. Nothing showed up and then the other fawn showed up and the mother stayed below me about 75 yards...good morning though as deer were active later in the morning.

Pep4
10-27-2015, 01:04 PM
Scouting on Saturday...i think there was a scrape under every overhanging branch on every logging road! I counted 16 scrapes from my stand to the field edge. It's getting better!

Pep4
10-27-2015, 01:10 PM
Mneal...i sort of know where you are talking about as we've been down that way a couple times...very interesting on the properties being bought by those companies. I have the plat book for Coshocton County. If we hook up when i'm out there maybe you can show me where they are. I will be there from Friday Nov. 13th to Friday Nov. 20th...depending on how we do we might stick around for that weekend if we can find a place to stay and hunt.

nomad_archer
10-27-2015, 01:35 PM
Monday morning about 7:30am i saw a black bear...then about 8:30am another black bear came up the same way...i'm sitting in a sag on the ridge just above a 50 acre corn field (which is big for our area of PA). Then about 9:30am i had a 3 point walk under me. Then about 15 minutes later a doe came running towards me...i got excited thinking a buck might be chasing. Nothing showed up and then the other fawn showed up and the mother stayed below me about 75 yards...good morning though as deer were active later in the morning.

Good to here you are seeing some movement Pep4. All the guys reporting in from our camp in forest county haven't been seeing any movement. Well except black bears. They saw more bears than deer so far this year.

mossbergbryson
10-27-2015, 06:12 PM
Opted for a turkey hunt tonight. I missed mine bit my buddy hit his at 40 yards. Unfortunately after following a great blood trail as they ran off to the woods we weren't able to recover the bird.

mneal
10-28-2015, 01:55 PM
Things are definitely picking up. I am seeing a lot more active scrapes and deer movement. Starting to see bucks cruising as well. Vball season ended last night and I have a dinner to attend tonight... after that I will be hunting hard until tagged out.

mossbergbryson
10-28-2015, 03:26 PM
Heck yea mneal. I'll be staying out longer from here on out till I tag out

Pep4
10-28-2015, 04:26 PM
Mneal..vball season ended? Do you officiate, coach or have kids that play? I've officiated vball for about 20 years...last night was my last regular season game and i'll probably work 2 playoff games next week...

Pep4
10-28-2015, 04:30 PM
i haven't been back out since monday morning...this am it was pouring and 20mph winds with higher gusts...and still crappy out...hoping for it to settle down tonight so i can get out tomorrow morning but the weather report doesn't look good...PA only has 2 more weeks and i'll be hunting every day! unless the weather stops me...buddies have seen rutting activity, bucks chasing and grunting and being aggressive...last night i spotted up back and saw 25 deer...all does! not sure where the bucks were but thats good the does are still hanging around...no mast crops this year so they are sticking to the fields.
Shoot straight!

mossbergbryson
10-28-2015, 05:16 PM
Good luck pep4

Pep4
10-29-2015, 12:48 PM
No hunting again this am with rain and 20mph winds...hoping to get out this afternoon but wind still whipping out there...just hope it calms down before tomorrow morning...if its a good day i might take all day off.
Shoot Straight!

mossbergbryson
10-30-2015, 12:56 AM
I've gettin tempted to call in sick one of these next few days with buck fever

mneal
10-30-2015, 08:12 AM
I went out in the high winds last night... saw 5 does...4 of them together and one being pushed a little by a smaller 4 point. Wind was swirling and gusting in every direction... they never busted me but would not come any closer than about 30yds.... no shots fired.. school night. I have two daughters on the high school vball team at Tri-Valley in Dresden Pep4. One plays varsity and one is a freshman that played JV.

Pep4
10-30-2015, 03:42 PM
I didn't go out in the high winds but deer were moving early...saw several in the fields...this am i finally got back out to a nice morning hunt...just a drizzle for awhile but pretty calm...i didn't see anything! well i did see my bear again...heading back out tonight adn will get out tomorrow...no Sunday hunting in PA.

Pep4
10-30-2015, 03:44 PM
Mneal...cool on the daughters playing...I had 3 boys so i didn't have to go to volleyball matches (thank God,
lol.)

Pep4
10-30-2015, 03:44 PM
hey Team Tagout lets get on the board this weekend! 2 non-school nights! :)

mossbergbryson
10-30-2015, 05:26 PM
I'm not goin out this weekend spending time with my wife and family. Weather permitting I'll be out Thursday and friday

mossbergbryson
11-01-2015, 11:07 AM
I can't wait to get out in the woods this week. It's gonna be on like Donkey Kong!

mneal
11-03-2015, 11:31 AM
Warm weather slowing things down last night until right at dusk. Had 6 does walk underneath me and saw a nice buck with a bad limp about 50 yds away just before the end of shooting light. He grunted at them and chased the largest one back into woods from cut cornfield. Going to be back out tonight. I set up over a creek and two does were actually wading the creek and drinking out of it. Pretty cool to watch.

Pep4
11-04-2015, 05:23 PM
I got out Saturday morning and saw a doe and a 4 point...no shot at the doe but the 4 point came under me. Monday morning i didn't see anything. Monday night a small 6 and a few does too far out in the field. Tuesday morning i saw a basket 7 point cruising.

Pep4
11-04-2015, 05:31 PM
My dreaded bad archery luck struck again today...went to a spot i set a lot during the rut in a few different trees...sat there 2 other mornings and saw a small buck go below me at 40 yards one morning and the other morning a doe go below me at 40 yards...so i contemplated moving down 40 yards but figured if i did then all the deer would go right under where i usually sit...so at 7:10am a doe came bouncing out through and right on the spot 40 yards below me...sure enough 5 minutes later here come a monster right on her trail! damnit! so then i thought about getting down and moving down there quickly...then though nah he might bring her back around higher on the ridge as i've seen them do before...so 10 minutes later here come a huge buck on the doe trail...double damnit!...too late to move now right!...well 10 minutes later here comes a big buck on the doe trail...triple damnit! So 3 shooters went by me at 40 yards where i thought about moving too...when i got down i picked out a tree down there...next time i sit there i'll be in that tree...my bet is the deer go high next time i'm there! :(
Will be out every morning and a few evenings this week...this hot weather is breaking Friday with some rain and then cooler temps for next week...should be good!
Shoot Straight --->

mossbergbryson
11-04-2015, 05:42 PM
I've got hard luck when it comes to archery (lol don't wanna admit to having bad luck). I've never been able to take a deer with a bow. I've seen more deer this bow season than before though. I'm goin out tomorrow and Monday.

Pep4
11-05-2015, 01:33 PM
Got out this morning...54 degrees uhhhhhhg...my hair was drenched by the time i walked to my stand and climb with my climber...nothing moving...contemplating going back out tonight...supposed to rain tomorrow.

mneal
11-05-2015, 01:35 PM
Well, there is nothing like it. I did not pick up a bow until I was 43 years old and I hate it that I missed out on bowhunting for so many years. I am really pulling for you now. I am headed out tonight, because it is Nov. 5th and I don't know any different. But, it is still way too warm. I am looking forward to this weekend when the weather is going to turn a bit cooler. FYI... I got so excited I forgot to use my peep site the first time I shot at a deer with my bow. The next 10 days should be good!

mneal
11-05-2015, 01:37 PM
Pep... we need to talk about a black bear hunt. I killed one with my bow in Canada two years ago, but it sounds like you are seeing them. Maybe we could work out a trade ;)

mossbergbryson
11-05-2015, 02:46 PM
I went out this am with my buddy and he killed a 8pt. And I saw another buck but he busted us and blew and took off like he was on fire

mossbergbryson
11-07-2015, 02:05 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/07/1d3a86c88c2cff13f5a3970813f01849.jpg

My buddy's deer he got Thursday. I'm still out tryin to punch a tag but it was nice to see one go down and be able to help dress him out.

zachc
11-07-2015, 02:41 PM
Nice buck and good shot. And I agree, nice to see a good buck on the ground!

mossbergbryson
11-07-2015, 03:02 PM
Yea. He said he just stopped 12 yards from him. My buddy was sittin behind a tree stump and after he shot that buck went maybe 10 yards

mossbergbryson
11-09-2015, 07:29 PM
Well I'll be headed out early morning for an all day hunt tomorrow. I've got my buddy coming to sit with me in a double stand to film any exciting action. Time to fill a tag!

mneal
11-10-2015, 08:26 AM
I hunted hard the last two days... last night the deer were really moving. Passed on a decent 8 and a smaller 6 that were actually underneath me. Saw 17 deer total between morning and evening hunts. Headed back out today as soon as rain lets up to sit until dark. I saw two nice deer from my stand last night right at dusk. one was about 200 yds away across a cut beanfield... the other was down the hill from me. When I grunted, the eight came in but the big boy never even lifted his head.

Pep4
11-10-2015, 05:03 PM
mneal...i don't bear hunt nor does any of my family members...i think archery bear is next week 11/16 to 11/20 and then rifle bear is 11/21 to 11/24...PA is a good bear state...it was way better before they opened up quite a few areas during the deer gun season...but thats okay with me since i'm not a fan of bears! They eat my fawns, tear up my 3D targets on my archery range, smack my trail cameras around, knock down my corn feeders, get in my camp garbage, etc.! I'd be more than happy to work something out with you...we have 275 acres and i can get permission for you on the adjoining neighbors...one has 400 to 500 acres, the other 100 and the other about 50...we are coming out this Friday 11/13 and staying through 11/20 or maybe 21 or 22...i can private message you my cell phone number.

Pep4
11-10-2015, 05:10 PM
My last post was from last Thursday...nothing Thursday night...rained Friday morninig so i hunted from my shack...saw a few does and a couple bucks chasing across the field then a basket 6 point came in behind me to the apple tree...then 3 turkeys came through and i filled my fall tag with one...way easier to shoot a turkey out of a blind with a bow than a tree stand! Friday night windy and crappy so stayed home. Saturday was a beautiful morning for archery and the rut! I didn't see anything morning or evening!

Pep4
11-10-2015, 05:14 PM
Something i've never seen in the woods before on Monday morning! I had a small doe trot towards me and under my stand...waited and pretty soon here he came...that same basket 8 point...he went through my tree! lol, sitting in a double tree...he then caught up with the doe and at 8 yards underneath me he mounted her and bred her! I had my bow in hand and didn't have time to switch to cell phone for a video...they walked off and another buck chased him off but i never got to see what it was. Nothing Monday night or this morning...started pouring about 9:30am and is still so no evening hunt...back out after em tomorrow!

Pep4
11-10-2015, 05:15 PM
mossburg...nice buck your buddy got...congrats! now its your turn!
Shoot Straight!

mossbergbryson
11-10-2015, 06:47 PM
I'm trying lol I sat all day today. I saw a 10pt this am about 7:1am but he came in behind me in and when I tried to turn around he heard me and took off. He was about 15-20 yards at one point. I was glad I saw him but bummed I could get an arrow in him. That's was all I saw today probably due to the rain all day. I'm gonna try a morning hunt sunday

mneal
11-13-2015, 02:27 PM
will be back at it tomorrow... filmed a cool video of a 6 point emerging from the fog that I posted on archery talk facebook site under Martin Yale if you want to check it out. I don't think I can post a video file that large on this site. Had a nice 10 on Wednesday evening in a ravine about 60 yds away... that was the closest I have been to flinging an arrow this season. Good luck fellas... I think it is truly on now if we can get the wind to settle down some.

mossbergbryson
11-13-2015, 05:43 PM
Heck ya good luck. I'll be out Sunday am and Thursday and Friday am

mossbergbryson
11-15-2015, 11:25 AM
Heart breaker of a morning for me. I had 2 does in front of me and one looked up and saw me. We both stood there staring at eachother for about 5 minutes I was shaking like a leaf but not moving as much as I could. The larger doe moved to where I couldn't shoot her but the smaller one walked towards me a few yards and then turned broadside. I put my red dot on her and fired but hit a sapling and the shot was deflected. I wanted to have a closer shot as she was about 40 yards and not coming any closer but I took the shot anyways. I shoot an old horton summit that doesn't do well past 35yards but I'm sure I could have hit her good if that sapling hadn't deflected my bolt. I'm happy I got to take a shit but I'm still kind of heart broken with the outcome

zachc
11-15-2015, 01:26 PM
Heart breaker of a morning for me. I had 2 does in front of me and one looked up and saw me. We both stood there staring at eachother for about 5 minutes I was shaking like a leaf but not moving as much as I could. The larger doe moved to where I couldn't shoot her but the smaller one walked towards me a few yards and then turned broadside. I put my red dot on her and fired but hit a sapling and the shot was deflected. I wanted to have a closer shot as she was about 40 yards and not coming any closer but I took the shot anyways. I shoot an old horton summit that doesn't do well past 35yards but I'm sure I could have hit her good if that sapling hadn't deflected my bolt. I'm happy I got to take a shit but I'm still kind of heart broken with the outcome

That's a bummer. Towards the end of your post...what did you get to take??? Lol!

mossbergbryson
11-15-2015, 01:34 PM
Haha auto correct. Ah man I'm laughing hard. I took a shot not a number 2. My phones tellin me I swear too much lol

mneal
11-15-2015, 02:56 PM
Finally got an opportunity at a good mature buck. He walked by edge of woods and was about 100yds. Away. I grunted him in when he saw a young spike under my tree.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mneal
11-15-2015, 02:57 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/15/bbb6c16a90bba69d15767dc870cb37ca.jpg

mossbergbryson
11-15-2015, 03:13 PM
That'd awesome! How far of a shot was it?

mneal
11-15-2015, 03:22 PM
15 yds

mossbergbryson
11-15-2015, 03:38 PM
That's awesome. Congrats again. I think it's gonna be a good week for hunting

mneal
11-15-2015, 05:14 PM
That's awesome. Congrats again. I think it's gonna be a good week for hunting
Thanks.. it was very rewarding.

mossbergbryson
11-15-2015, 05:23 PM
Hard work pays off. You earned that tag

Pep4
11-24-2015, 05:23 PM
Congrats again mneal! Too bad we can't help the team out a little bit! I did shoot a doe in PA on Thursday but didn't get a chance to get a pic since i was leaving for Ohio...sorry guys.

Pep4
11-24-2015, 05:28 PM
The end of the last week of PA archery was extremley windy (16-20mph with 40mph gusts) Nov. 11-14. I sat in my shack a couple days and was amazed how many deer were moving...the rut was on here...so the last couple days i sat in my tree swaying around in the wind...i did see quite a few deer and several bucks cruising but the bigger ones were too far away to get a shot. Great year in PA even though i failed to fill my buck tag again. From stand only i saw 140 deer! 49 bucks! Thats a record year for me. I sat 38 times counting morning and evening...I saw a few of my shooters from stand but no shot...which is good because a lot of years i see them on trail cam but just can't find them when on stand.

Pep4
11-24-2015, 05:34 PM
Ohio hunt...ended up very disappointing! After thinking about being out there that week for 365 days! As you are aware the temps heated up and the deer movement dropped way off. We had a few days with no deer sightings. The last evening sit i had a young 10 point go by me just at dark at 40 yards. I ended up seeing over 20 deer from stand during the week but several were across the field, etc. We only got the young 10 point on trail cam. My buddy drew on a 130" buck but no shot in the brush and walking. I guess when you write it down it doesn't sound as bad but we were all very disappointed. We are looking for a new spot for future years. The farm we hunt is pretty good but he has hunters every week of the archery season. They shot 10 deer before we got there. Not only does that knock the number of deer available down but also with the pressure it makes them more nocturnal. And also less does running around for bucks to chase. We'll keep looking and hopefully get lucky and get on some really good property. If you guys know of any places that lease out or have camps for a week with land please let me know.

mossbergbryson
11-24-2015, 05:45 PM
I'll keep my ears open for ya about any leasing opportunities. I've seen quite a few deer but haven't had the shot opportunities I've wanted. I didn't see a single deer today...

mneal
11-24-2015, 06:36 PM
I may have a guy who will let you lease for a week.

mossbergbryson
11-28-2015, 01:02 PM
I won't be out again until gun season. Hoping to get a deer since I haven't been able to yet but it won't help our team score if I am able to dirt nap one.

mneal
11-28-2015, 01:26 PM
I won't be out again until gun season. Hoping to get a deer since I haven't been able to yet but it won't help our team score if I am able to dirt nap one.
No big deal... I don't see anybody keeping scores updated anyway.

mossbergbryson
11-28-2015, 02:23 PM
Lol I've been using another forum on here bc this one is pretty dead

nomad_archer
11-29-2015, 07:43 AM
Congrats mneal

ManOfTheFall
11-29-2015, 03:38 PM
No big deal... I don't see anybody keeping scores updated anyway.

Every deer that is on the deer contest photo page have been entered on the scoreboard page. If you look and see the last update was done on the 25th.

mossbergbryson
11-30-2015, 12:29 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/30/813b03a7411bf3de6b22b006bfb54c03.jpg

Took with my muzzleloader

mneal
11-30-2015, 02:24 PM
Congrats

Pep4
12-01-2015, 06:17 PM
Congrats on your deer mossbergbryson!

Pep4
12-01-2015, 06:18 PM
No luck for me the first 2 days of PA "easy stick" season either...hopefully lots of bucks made it! Always rooting for my bucks for next years archery season! :)

Pep4
12-01-2015, 06:22 PM
Mneal let me know on lease and details...there are 4 of us...looking at the 3rd week of November.
Or we are looking for a place for even a few days here and there when we can't get on the farm we hunt now.
Thanks!

Pep4
12-07-2015, 01:04 PM
No luck the first Saturday either...except i shot a huge coyote...63.2 pounds!

Pep4
12-07-2015, 01:06 PM
Mneal if you have any info on hunting opportunities let me know but you probably should text me any info instead of posting it. Thanks!
If you are serious about bear hunting next season let me know.

zachc
12-07-2015, 02:39 PM

Guess that's good news and bad news huh? Gotta pic of the coyote?

mneal
12-07-2015, 03:53 PM
Mneal if you have any info on hunting opportunities let me know but you probably should text me any info instead of posting it. Thanks!
If you are serious about bear hunting next season let me know.
I think I may be able to hook you up. I will be in touch.

mrbb
12-08-2015, 10:32 AM

well thats a huge coyote, too bad you got him now and not later in the winter in the Coyote contests, as that would have been a 7 or 8 grand coyote then for you LOl

here is a link to the next contest in Feb

http://www.mosquitocreeksportsmen.com/coyote.html

Pep4
12-31-2015, 03:06 PM
Well holy crap mrbb...i knew we had a couple huge coyotes around as i've seen them quite a few times but either spotting or on trail cam or without a gun...at first i questioned the scales but then weighed him again...i wasn't sure if coyotes got that big around here so i didn't want to tell people what he weighed because i don't want people to think i'm full of crap...after talking to a guy that hunts and traps a lot he said he's got a couple in the upper 50's...he was huge.

Pep4
12-31-2015, 03:17 PM
Mneal...my buddy went out for the 2 day hunt on the 28th and 29th and hunted public land...he never saw a deer...he's trying to get me to go out for muzzleloader but the deer aren't moving now and there are no food sources we have access to hunt.

mneal
12-31-2015, 03:19 PM
Weather was horrible. ..high winds and rain on first day... high winds on second. We went out evening of second day and saw none either. Then as we were heading home, we saw sixteen out in field a crossed road right at dark.

Pep4
04-11-2016, 04:04 PM
Hey we got 2nd place :) Thanks to mneal...I ended up shooting a doe in PA with my bow but didn't get it on the site for the contest...guess it didn't matter anyways...thanks for the comradery guys...hope to stay in touch...mneal hope to hook up with you in a few weeks for spring gobbler.

mneal
04-11-2016, 04:32 PM
Hey we got 2nd place :) Thanks to mneal...I ended up shooting a doe in PA with my bow but didn't get it on the site for the contest...guess it didn't matter anyways...thanks for the comradery guys...hope to stay in touch...mneal hope to hook up with you in a few weeks for spring gobbler.
Sounds good! I was out scouting around last night and heard a few.

Pep4
04-19-2016, 01:05 PM
I'll send you a text with some info...