PDA

View Full Version : Hunting food

mossbergbryson
10-14-2015, 05:38 PM
What are some good things yall take to eat if you sit all day? I haven't ever ate anything when sitting all day but man I get hungry and don't wanna get down to get lunch.

YouthHunter
10-14-2015, 06:12 PM
When I hunt all day, I'll pack a full lunch. Two sandwiches, some type of granola or nuts bars, little snacks. Usually a beef jerky snack of some sort. When we have our hunting camp for deer season, he grab tons of snacks and lunch meat and pack lunches every day for everyone.

mossbergbryson
10-14-2015, 06:24 PM
Sounds like what I'll have to do just pack a full lunch bc I hate getting down and loosing stand time especially bc I have to drive a little while to get to the property I hunt.

zachc
10-15-2015, 12:53 AM
Due to 4 lil ones, I don't get to do to many all day sits but the few a do. I usually try to eat a good breakfast before I go out that way I can just bring snacky foods...protein bars, beef jerky, trail mix, etc. Oh yeah and I also sometimes bring some MRE's, they don't all taste very good but they are good cuz they don't contain a ton of food but contain all the calories needed to get you through the day.

mossbergbryson
10-15-2015, 01:19 AM
I'm thinkin about doin like you do. Eat a big breakfast then bringin easy snack foods

mrbb
10-15-2015, 10:02 AM
I hunted a ton of all day sits, and I normally never took anything with me, gave me motivation to kiill

I'll Haha!
But some times I found a little oick me uo to be good in very cold weather, candy bar or like, and a water bottle.
I try not to carry too much in when I go.
I don't even take a phone with me!