PDA

View Full Version : A deer for Adalyn

mossbergbryson
10-08-2015, 11:22 PM
2 weeks ago my wife and I got the most heartbreaking news. An ultrasound showed our baby girls limbs and ribs were measuring at 16 weeks while my wife is 20 weeks pregnant. The baby,Adalyn, also has an underdeveloped cerebellum. The doctors said they don't expect Adalyn to make it very long after birth. I've dedicated this deer season to my baby girl since I may never get to take her hunting. My wife and I are trying to stay positive and hold strong to the belief that God has a plan and he works miracles everyday. I'm not asking anyone for sympathy but we appreciate any prayers. Also, I just wanted to say enjoy the moments you have with your little ones while ya have them. Something as simple as sitting on a blind with them is so much more important than we think at times. It warms my hear to hear about the guys takin their kids and grandkids out because that's what I wanna do some day. The goal this year is to get a deer for Adalyn.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ManOfTheFall
10-09-2015, 02:59 AM
I and my church will definitely be praying for your situation. May God bless and comfort you through this trial and lean on him and know that his plan is always best whatever the outcome may be. Yes, God is a miracle worker.

mossbergbryson
10-09-2015, 03:25 AM
I appreciate it and so does my wife.

mossbergbryson
10-09-2015, 05:26 AM
I'll keep everyone updated on anything we hear from the doctors appointments as we go.

whodey1966
10-09-2015, 08:02 AM
God bless you and your family! I will keep you in my prayers!

mossbergbryson
10-09-2015, 08:32 AM
Thx brother

mrbb
10-09-2015, 10:18 AM
I hope everything works out for the best, and you get a deer soon

heelbilly
10-09-2015, 11:27 AM
I feel your pain, last month my wife and I went in for her 11/12 week checkup and there was no heartbeat (after hearing one at her 8 week checkup..long story), and the baby was only measuring 8.5 weeks. It was our first time experiencing a miscarriage only our 2nd pregnancy, and it's been rough. That's part of the reason I've only been out once so far. It happened the week before opening day, and with her surgery (D&C) and all it's been a rough couple of weeks. I know your situation is a bit different than mine and you still have hope that God will work in a positive way. I will keep you and your wife in our thoughts and prayers.

mossbergbryson
10-09-2015, 05:31 PM
Thx mrbb. Heelbilly I'll be keeping you and your wife in my prayers as well.

Toke2
10-10-2015, 01:22 PM
Praying for both your families during this tough time.

mossbergbryson
10-10-2015, 05:12 PM
Thx I appreciate it

mneal
10-22-2015, 11:06 AM
Wanted to share with you that my family will be praying as well. I am a father of six children and have experienced the joy of being with both of my oldest sons for their first deer harvest, and one of them for his first bow harvest. My wife has only one ovary and we were not sure we could ever have children. We have endured several miscarriages along the way. God has a plan... and it will reveal itself over time ... Who would have imagined we would end up with six children 20 years apart?

mossbergbryson
10-22-2015, 11:41 AM
I appreciate it mneal. We just keep praying and know God has a plan

Pep4
10-22-2015, 02:33 PM
Quite ironic...you got picked on my team and my grand daughters name is Adalyn! And that surely isn't a common name...she just turned 3...in our prayers!

mossbergbryson
10-22-2015, 02:45 PM
My wife and I were talking about names and she loves that name and I liked it too so it stuck lol. Definitely not a common name but it's a pretty one.