PDA

View Full Version : I'm not one to stop someone from making a living but....

Toke2
07-30-2015, 09:14 PM
This seems not only unethical to me, but totally irresponsible. Too close to home for those of us who hunt in Eastern Ohio. Hope the damage is contained!

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/field-notes/chronic-wasting-disease-spreads-in-ohio?src=SOC&dom=fb

nomad_archer
07-31-2015, 07:37 AM
CWD is bad news once present it stays in the environment even after the affected animals are removed. Once reintroduced the new animals will contract the disease. PA has two CWD zones in the state. It is pretty bad stuff. I believe PA's CWD started at a deer breeding/farming facility as well. I believe this disease spreads through the sale and transfer of affected deer across state lines between these breeding/farming type operations.

zachc
07-31-2015, 10:15 AM
Yeah that's pretty crazy! Not only is it unethical and irresponsible but how selfish can you be?? Hey I'm just going to do whatever I want regardless of what the law says, that way I can make some more money. And now look where that has got you. Not only in trouble with the law side, but 1) probably most if not all of your deer heard (business) is gone and 2) your name has been put out there by one of the biggest magazines in the country as being a "bad" place/business and stating basically how irresponsible you are.