PDA

View Full Version : I am getting stir crazy!!!!!

ManOfTheFall
07-09-2015, 01:20 AM
Last season as most of you know my tree stand broke on me and I fell about 25 feet out of my stand. Thankfully the good Lord was watching over me and I only had some minor injuries even though I still feel the pain of that fall today. Besides the normal prep for the upcoming season what can I do to calm my stir craziness of getting back in that stand and taking out a big boy? Any suggestions?

nomad_archer
07-09-2015, 11:51 AM
I exercise, cut firewood, and spend as much time as I can with my family because come hunting season I wont be around as much as I am now.

ManOfTheFall
07-15-2015, 10:47 AM
Right now I am getting my fix watching hunting shows. Not always the best but something to help though. I did get one new stand site up and will soon start on the rest of them. I am making a new ground blind set up for me and my grandson and I have a couple new stand sites I am targeting. Other than that it's making sure the old sites are okay, getting the trail cam sites going and checking the cameras til the season starts.

ManOfTheFall
07-16-2015, 12:11 AM
Went shooting with my son today. He just bought an AR-15. We shot that and his .40 cal Taurus pistol. Had a good time.

mneal
07-20-2015, 03:49 PM
Sold my 40 acres and bought 66 so I am really looking forward to getting out myself. Just put trail cams up on new property last Friday and have 10 new stands to hang. The guy who bought my property bought my treestands too! I went ahead and bought four new Moultri Camers and 10 hang on stands to put up. Mosquitos are so bad right now I hate to even venture out. I have been shooting my bow every night for the last three weeks too... dialed in and ready with two months to go before season.