PDA

View Full Version : He was only 2...Please help.

zachc
04-12-2015, 11:50 PM
Hey guys I know this isn't really the thread to post this on but I figured it is the most looked at thread. So before I start I just want to say that I cleared this with Mike before doing it and he gave me the go ahead.

This past Friday my best friend of, as long as I can remember, his wife, and their one son, lost their youngest boy, he just turned 2 last month. Started out with him running a fever while him, his mom, and his brother were visiting family in California. Took him to urgent care out there and they said they thought it was the croup. On the way home Friday, he became more sick on the flight. Landed in Columbus Friday afternoon and they took him to a children's hospital in Columbus. After they waited, a group of nurses/doctors rushed in and told them that they needed to get him to the ICU now. While they were transporting him...his heart stopped. CPR for about 20-30 minutes and they got it started again. This happened 2 more times before they called it and couldn't get it started back up. In the end the docs told them it was bacterial meningitis.

Now normally I wouldn't post something like this on this site but like I told mike, having 4 lil ones of our own and growing up with him since we were kids, it definitely hit home hard. He never asked me to post this and has no clue I am. The only reason I am is because Tyler (his dad) shares a passion for bowhunting whitetails and hunting in general. We have been hunting together since we started hunting many years ago. They are from Clinton county, Oh.

Now I hope you're still reading this thread, one of their friends have started a "gofundme.com" page to help them with hospital and funeral costs. I am asking if any of you guys could, please donate a small donation to help. Whether its $1 or $100, everything counts and adds up. Thank you guys very much for your support and I know they are very greatful. Just click the link below to view the page, even if you don't donate. Also please keep them in your prayers, especially his 6 year old brother who just lost his best friend...little brother. Thanks guys.

http://www.gofundme.com/r8z4cnc?fb_action_ids=10206531041819963&fb_action_types=og.shares&fb_ref=undefined&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B803131143109740%5D&action¿type¿map=%5B%22og.shares%22%5D&action¿ref¿map=%5B%22undefined%22%5D

ManOfTheFall
04-13-2015, 12:35 AM
So sorry to hear. Prayers going out to them.

mrbb
04-13-2015, 08:53 AM
Well I too am sorry for there loss, I cannot imagine how trying this must be in so many ways.
prayers sent for them as well

nomad_archer
04-13-2015, 02:20 PM
Wow they are in my prayers. Sorry for there loss I cant even imagine.

zachc
04-15-2015, 12:17 AM
So an update on the above, his mother said that the doc called today and told them that it wasn't bacterial meningitis that caused his heart to stop. Instead now they are saying it was a severe case of strep throat that caused bacteria to enter his blood stream. Funeral is Friday (my b-day), so needless to say its not going to be easy to attend that but definitely am going to.

mrbb
04-15-2015, 09:57 AM
Well again, I feel for the family, I doubt what killed him really matters, as there is no good cause ,a DR could tell them.
a sad thing when a child is taken so early in life., and a hard pill to get over.
best of luck to them being able to move forward.