PDA

View Full Version : round two

mrbb
03-24-2015, 07:31 PM
O spent about 5-6 hrs today walking the south side slopes(NO snow now) and MAN heavy trails like roads and a lot of bedding area's, deer were for sure living on the south sides of mountian this winter, BUT not a shed was found, I think the smaller critters , tree rats and mice and what ever else eats them might have carried off many in my area due to so much snow and cold this yr, making food so hard to find, so antlers would have been on the Food list big time this yr
all the ground I covered, should have fond 1 today, as I know deer numbers here in winter time are 3-4 times more than rest of yr, being this is the only place there is food really, with all the flower bulbs they feed here in winter time, they dump about 60 ton or more during the winter, and it draws deer from miles! and they all yard up close to the piles
DID find 2 dead doe, just bones , picked clean today, and a few dead turleys, guess the deep snow got them!

anyone else find any yet this yr?? or even ben out looking??

zachc
03-24-2015, 11:35 PM
Walked the woods behind the house yesterday for maybe an hour. Didn't find a one but like you, found several good trails and tons of fresh tracks. Hopefully next year I can get back there earlier in the season to do some bow hunting.

Big_Holla
03-27-2015, 02:02 PM
Haven't made it down once yet to look. Sure hope to change that soon.

mrbb
03-27-2015, 02:25 PM
well I would love to get out more, but MAN this weather is crappy as can be, between rain and snow melting, and a semi frozen ground with a 2-4 inch layer of MUD on everything, walking just plain sucks right now LOL
OH I wish we'd get a little sun shine to dry things up some, I'm too old and lazy to be pulling boots out of that suction like mud to go far LOL