PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Deer & Turkey expo

zachc
03-21-2015, 12:25 AM
Well since its been SOOO dead on here lately... Did anyone go to the Ohio deer & turkey expo last weekend? If so, did you get anything good? Me and the wife took the kids up there and had a pretty good time. I bought some new turkey calls, a couple DVD's (the new Slunger Hollow DVD...WhooHoo!!), and I'm pretty stoked about the reusable field dressing gloves I bought. The wife got a "Rack project" hoodie and we got the kids a couple shirts and a turkey call, think that was all we got. Of course the lil ones loved seeing all of the mounts up there. Lots of cool stuff up there this year, IMO better than the last couple of years where it seemed to be mostly outfitters. So...

gonehunting 45
03-21-2015, 12:22 PM
My boy and I went. Stopped at the third hand archer booth pick up a couple treestand straps they sell and a ba target. We had a good time

ManOfTheFall
03-21-2015, 08:04 PM
I was there on Friday so i didn't get to see a lot of the mounts but the ones I did see were pretty good. I bought a new turkey call, 3 containers of different seasonings and some jerky. I also bought the new Slunger Hollow video. I have all 14 of them. I think they are one of the most realistic when it comes to what most of us average working class people get every year. They also make good quality videos.

zachc
03-21-2015, 10:35 PM
I agree Motf, I love those Slunger Hollow boys! Between my dad and I we also have all of their dvds. Its amazing how when you watch their first ones compared to their new ones, how much better they get every year, from camera skills to equipment etc. Also really like that they involve kids and wife's. The other DVD I got this year was "Whitetail Adrenaline", I have seen their DVDs up there for awhile but just haven't bit yet. Had a lil extra cash this year so I figured why not. Says its all fair chase public land hunts so we'll see.

zachc
03-22-2015, 09:35 PM
So as I posted yesterday I bought the new "Whitetail Adrenaline" DVD up at the expo. Well I started watching it for the first time, got about an hour or so into it and they killed 3 deer in that timeframe. Now I'm all about telling a story that leads up to the harvest and also pulling off a public land bow harvest but Sheesh! Says the DVD is 3 1/2 hours well if it keeps going like this, 3 hours of it is going to be talking and driving around. Had to shut it off cuz I got bored watching these guys drive around glassing from the road, lol. Let y'all know how the rest of the DVD goes...