PDA

View Full Version : Great Rabbit season so far

nastyfudge
01-29-2015, 10:02 PM
Its been a great rabbit season so far. Im posting some videos for you guys to check out. let me know what you think.

http://youtu.be/oiq1p-o85-g
http://youtu.be/LlgH68ZIn38

mrbb
01-30-2015, 01:54 PM
rabbit seasosn, WOW been a few yrs since I was on a rabbit hunt
BUT man when you have a few good dogs, its magical to watch them move rabbits
around here only rabbits we have I think are in peoples yards
drove the atv about 20 miles thru the snow in the woods behind the house and over a few Mt's and valley's and didn't cut a rabbit track, LOTS of deer and coyote's however! and well Tree rats!

nastyfudge
01-30-2015, 02:38 PM
We've never taking dogs out none of us have any. But I think weve done a good job over the years kicking them up ourselves

mrbb
01-30-2015, 04:52 PM
yes it can be done, but have to admit, when hunting with a dog, half the joy is waqtching teh dog work
if you never done it, I highly recommend trying if teh chance ever comes up
I know I hunted pheasants and grouse as much as I did , just to watch my dog work them!, it was fun alla round, but the joy of watchinga dog do what it was made to do is an aded bonus for sure

nastyfudge
02-06-2015, 01:29 PM
We've started our Kickstarter campaign to raise money to fund the production of a rabbit hunting DVD. Check it out and please show us your support.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/175326000/ohio-whackstars-public-rabbits

Big_Holla
02-16-2015, 11:10 AM
Whether hunters orange is required or not the way you guys hunt and shoot I'm afraid one day someone's going to get hurt. Not sure how you can look to raise money with stuff like that. If you are thinking of doing something like this, especially to raise money, you need to think about being role models first.

nomad_archer
02-17-2015, 11:36 AM
Whether hunters orange is required or not the way you guys hunt and shoot I'm afraid one day someone's going to get hurt. Not sure how you can look to raise money with stuff like that. If you are thinking of doing something like this, especially to raise money, you need to think about being role models first.

I have to agree. No orange and walking through brush is a bad idea. Plus shooting while your buddy is down range and off to the right just a little bit after he pushed the bunny back in front of you. Just a matter of time before someone gets hurt doing that. I couldnt finish 1/2 of one of those videos. You may get a lot of bunnies but at what risk. I hunt without dogs and chase bunnies but never are my buddies down range or anywhere near it. I will let a a bunny run before I take a shot where my friend is down range or in this case in the same camera frame.

jonnlin89
02-18-2015, 10:40 AM
i deff think blaze orange is a must have with and without dogs ive been hunting with both since i was young... its a safety thing in our groups so we can see each other clear threw the brush

mossbergbryson
03-11-2015, 02:55 PM
Our rabbit hunting group always wears orange when we hunt. (With and without dogs). We also generally try to spread out in a horizontal line and know how far over we can shoot to keep everyone safe. We don't shoot if we can't see everyone