PDA

View Full Version : Youth Season

trperk
11-23-2014, 06:12 PM
I know it's not bowhunting but was wondering how other did during the youth gun hunt? I took my middle kid out, 11 y/o, for his first deer hunt. We went to our Ross Co lease where I spent Nov 9th - 15th, during this time I was into deer everyday. No such luck for the kids. None of us saw a deer from the stand. The rut was just kicking into gear the 11th and was going strong when I left. I wonder if the deer were in lockdown or it was just one of those weekends.

Nonetheless, my son and I had some quality time in the stand and ground blind. Nights at the cabin were fun too.

How'd the rest of you do?

Birdddog
11-23-2014, 07:57 PM
Our group of youngsters managed one sm 7 point between the 6 of them on Saturday morning Nothing from the stands this morning either. We did a drive in the afternoon and found them. We put 18 deer off the big hill and the kids had fun shooting at and seeing animals, but no one connected. They were all in heavy cover. The kids had a great time and it also gave me some new info!

ManOfTheFall
11-24-2014, 09:14 AM
I haven't heard of any of the youngens I know doing any good. I will be taking out my grandson for the first time next year.