PDA

View Full Version : Pheasant hunting...

zachc
11-08-2014, 10:01 AM
Just wondering if anyone got out to do a little bird hunting yet? If so any luck? We usually go out opening day but with the new baby and all, made it a bit difficult.

mrbb
11-08-2014, 12:14 PM
well I haven't been out pheasant hunting in a few yrs , but yrs back did a ton of it, lots of time spent in the Dakpta's on wild birds
have a lot of good info on pheasant hunting trips out there if anyone wants it
be glad to share the info I have
Nothing like hunting wild pheasants over pen raised one's(what we get here in PA)
out there I was seeing 200-500+ roosters a day!
anyone that enjoys pheasant hunting shoudl make at least one trip out there IMO,
all the more so if you have a decent dog!
your dog will love it! and you'll have some awesome memories

zachc
11-10-2014, 08:47 AM
Sounds good mrbb, I'm always willing to learn some info on any type of hunting. I would love to go out west and take some birds, maybe once the youngun's aren't so young lol. My uncle took a trip out there years back and he was telling us about when they pulled up to the field they were hunting one guy slammed the door, after being told not to, and the entire field erupted with pheasants. That's like a dream come true!

rpwingle3
11-01-2015, 10:01 AM
I love to hunt pheasant, its a good way for a youngster to get out with pops and learn some good fundamentals on gun hunting with groups... Don't need Camo, don't have to be quiet, and don't have to sit still... All future hunters should experience it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mossbergbryson
11-01-2015, 11:06 AM
We do a decent amount of dove hunting but never done a pheasant hunt.