PDA

View Full Version : Warmer Temperatures

ManOfTheFall
10-26-2014, 02:42 PM
Is it just me or is anyone else experiencing the lack of deer movement in these warmer temps? I can't wait until that front rolls through here on Tuesday. Let me know if you are experiencing this as well.

rjonath
10-26-2014, 03:46 PM
I haven't seen a thing since middle of last week and I had previously at least saw a deer 6/8 previous outtings

ManOfTheFall
10-26-2014, 03:49 PM
My last two sits I saw nothing. Prior to that I saw at least one but usually more than one every time.

MJH
10-26-2014, 04:59 PM
I saw 2 nice bucks this morning cruising. Both came to a grunt but wouldn't commit the last 20-30 yards! 1 was a deffenant shooter!

Mike

rjonath
10-26-2014, 06:58 PM
My last 2 sits nothing either.... Watching football in my house today and a doe wanders back by my barn

gonehunting 45
10-26-2014, 07:47 PM
Was out today. Deer were on the move.

BUCKHUNTER30-06
10-26-2014, 08:22 PM
Nothing Sat. morning. Sun evening saw a 6pt. with a doe they jumped the fence to the pasture. About 5:45pm heard something in the water at my swamp stand. 1st time in that stand was saving it for the rut. turned around to my left and saw big doe crossing in belly deep water to get to dry land. Then right behind her was a shooter buck 8pt. I tried to get an opening to shoot thru no luck. it's funny because there is a shallow crossing in front of me but they decided to wade in belly deep water. I went out this morning no deer but, I did clear some branches to shoot thru. I walked to where they entered water behind stand all thicket there. I believe the buck either pushed the doe in her bed or they both were bedded together in the thicket. It should get interesting this week end.

ManOfTheFall
10-26-2014, 10:08 PM
I will be out Monday in the AM as I am starting my vacation. Temps are suppose to be in the mid 30's so hoping to see some action.

Birdddog
10-26-2014, 10:43 PM
Tuesday temps are very strange. Mid 60's after midnight and then the front in the late morning. I am also looking forward to it!

joel.a.bair
10-26-2014, 11:54 PM
Saw some does Friday, but just a racon today.

ManOfTheFall
10-27-2014, 10:13 AM
I also posted this in the sighting thread. About 8:00 this morning I tried making a difficult shot on a beast of a 10 point. I made these shot's in the past but this one was no dice. The buck barely even spooked. I almost was able to get a second shot. I rattled and grunted him in. In hindsight I probably should have waited for a better shot but you just don't know. I thought he might have been leaving since he didn't see any other bucks. I did get down and look for my arrow and blood just in case but found neither. Gonna sit a little longer then be back out in the evening. After I got back up in my stand I looked around thinking maybe I could spot my arrow. The sun was shining bright and I saw a glint of light. I thought that looks like the nock of my arrow. Sure enough it was. The shot I tried making on that buck was between 6 trees. I have made these shots before and I felt confident I had enough room here. The buck was quartering away, looking away from me, vitals exposed, and I had plenty of time to concentrate and make a good shot. Problem was I didn't clear the first tree. The arrow was stuck about a 1/2 inch in on the right side of the tree. If I only slightly moved right he would have been a dead deer. Good thing is he didn't spook at all. This buck was a solid 150"-160" inch rack. It was the first I have seen him. No pics of him either.

Big_Holla
10-27-2014, 02:09 PM
Keep in mind the amount of acorns in the woods the deer don't have to travel far to find food that will keep them busy for a while.

OHBooner
10-28-2014, 05:34 PM
Deer hunting has sucked. The numbers are way down. Tons of acorns. Warm weather. Hard to kill deer with that combination

00buck
10-28-2014, 05:40 PM
Gonna get colder this week they say