PDA

View Full Version : Weather

00buck
10-04-2014, 04:23 PM
Does this cold front have the deer moving in your area if so what times and what

mrbb
10-04-2014, 05:11 PM
well its for sure colder here today than yesterday, was 70 yesterday and low 50's today
I have a lot of apple tree's in my yard
and yesterday I had deer in the yard off and on all day
today, first deer were here at fist light then about evey 3 hrs so far today
was rather funny, I had deer in the yard at like 4 pm, and had a bow hunter walking down the side of my yard, deer spotted him right off
he kept going I don't even think he seen the deer, but they sure seen him!, and went the other way into the woods when they left!
I think there on to him already LOL
so, cannot say weather made a difference here
its all about food now!

00buck
10-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Where I am hunting right now temp is 45 real feel is 37 big difference in temps haven't been out long maybe a hour or so haven't seen a deer yet but hopeful

ManOfTheFall
10-05-2014, 01:01 AM
I got to my spot later than I wanted to on Saturday evening and saw 2 deer by my stand as I was walking there. I didn't let that deter me. I got to my stand and was all settled in by 5:54. By 6:15 I shot my second doe of this young season. So, all my other evening hunts in this stand which had been 3 I wasn't seeing any deer until almost 7:00. So, I would have to say the cooler temps had them up and moving almost an hour earlier than when it was warmer.

BUCKHUNTER30-06
10-05-2014, 08:35 PM
I hunted Sat evening temps in the low 50,s here in Ohio and ran into a deer at about 5pm. at 5:45pm had a small 4pt. feeding in front of me in my stand. so I would have to say the cooler temps are getting the deer to get up and move earlier.