View Full Version : New Member, Looks like a fun site

Fowks
09-23-2014, 06:56 PM
Username:Fowks, Name is Gary
County:Franklin
Years Bowhunting:4
Public or Private Land:Public
Own Land (Y/N):N
Type of bow:Currently switched to Crossbow because of shoulder injury. Wicked Ridge Warrior HL, Toxic Broadheads
Other Bow Accessories:Ten point 3 dot red sight.
3D Shooter (Y/N):n
If yes, name of club:
Gunhunter (Y/N):y
Predator Hunter (Y/N):y
Turkey Hunter (Y/N):n
How You Found BO.com: Bing.com search
Other Information You Wish To Share:Love to hunt, Have never managed to bring in a buck yet, But due to a old shoulder injury from the Army i can no longer hold back a bow anymore, So this year i have began my switch to crossbow until i heal up again.
Any Information You Need: Any advice for hunting Whitetail from a tree stand while using a crossbow.

00buck
09-24-2014, 05:40 AM
Welcome to the site as for hunting with a cross bow that I have very little knowledge of

mrbb
09-24-2014, 10:41 AM
Welcome to the site
as for advice on hunting with a crossbow from treestands
I personally find having a shooting rail helps, and adding as much cover to the stand as possible helps a lot too
I have made several shooting rails out of pvc pipe
and then added camo burlap and like materials to hide me better
also knowing your ranges, using markers, can help too
i found using different color survey tape, i can wrap about tree's or on stakes makes this easy
as I too switched from a bow to an X bow due to an injury a few yrs back
good luck

Fowks
09-24-2014, 06:05 PM
Welcome to the site
as for advice on hunting with a crossbow from treestands
I personally find having a shooting rail helps, and adding as much cover to the stand as possible helps a lot too
I have made several shooting rails out of pvc pipe
and then added camo burlap and like materials to hide me better
also knowing your ranges, using markers, can help too
i found using different color survey tape, i can wrap about tree's or on stakes makes this easy
as I too switched from a bow to an X bow due to an injury a few yrs back
good luck

Hey thanks for the information, i will keep it all in mind. I was wondering if you could post a picture of the PVC shooting rails you are talking about. i think i would like to build one possibly. thanks.