PDA

View Full Version : Shooting your bow!!!!!

ManOfTheFall
09-11-2014, 08:38 PM
How often do you guys shoot your bow in the off season. Most people will probably get on me about this but usually I start shooting in August then shoot maybe twice a week until season starts. This year because of circumstances I didn't start until this Tuesday. Here is my results from 30 yards. 6 arrows.

00buck
09-11-2014, 08:48 PM
All year but slows down in the winter

zachc
09-12-2014, 09:18 PM
I usually shoot a little on and off throughout the summer. But this year since we have more land and I have a lot more to look forward to, I've been shooting quite a bit since spring and throughout the summer and still trying to get in a 2-3 days in a week, depending of the lil ones let me, Lol. Even if its only a dozen arrows or so.

buckstalker17
09-12-2014, 11:26 PM
Every day for at least a hour or two and 3d shoots on weekends all spring and fall.

ManOfTheFall
09-13-2014, 01:19 AM
I would do a lot more shooting if I could, I just can't get the time.

Big_Holla
09-15-2014, 12:41 PM
Been a rough year for me when it comes to the bow. I sold mine back in the Spring, planned to buy a new one shortly after. Sure enough a few things came up with the house and family and soon that $$ was all gone. Every time I seem to save some money up it another emergency pops up. Finally ordered a new bow about 2 weeks ago and will continue to pay on it for a while til I can bring her home. Ended up ordering an Elite Energy 35. Normally I would start shooting now and then in June, a little more by July and August but by September I would step it up to be as close to every day as I could. Just not this year....yet LOL!

00buck
09-15-2014, 04:30 PM
Been a rough year for me when it comes to the bow. I sold mine back in the Spring, planned to buy a new one shortly after. Sure enough a few things came up with the house and family and soon that $$ was all gone. Every time I seem to save some money up it another emergency pops up. Finally ordered a new bow about 2 weeks ago and will continue to pay on it for a while til I can bring her home. Ended up ordering an Elite Energy 35. Normally I would start shooting now and then in June, a little more by July and August but by September I would step it up to be as close to every day as I could. Just not this year....yet LOL!
You going to have it ready before the season starts or by pre rut would like to know how it shoots

mneal
09-16-2014, 08:29 AM
I try to shoot 2-3 times a week for 30 minutes or so starting in July and until I am done bow hunting for the year. I have found that two-to three arrows with broadhead practice tips on a daily basis (once Late August rolls around)... is more beneficial than an hour of shooting. In a hunting situation, it will likely be your first arrow of the day that matters the most.

Chris
09-22-2014, 11:53 AM
You going to have it ready before the season starts or by pre rut would like to know how it shoots

I picked up an Elite energy 35 a few weeks ago. To me i like it alot. A little slower then my PSE Bow Madness XL but alot smother and it is whisper quite. Also got it in snow camo and it looks great !!!!

nomad_archer
09-22-2014, 12:07 PM
I would like to shoot more. But with timing I haven't gotten a chance until yesterday. My wife was giving my best friend some shooting instruction as he is new to bow hunting and has been teaching himself since April and was asking for some help. We got him shooting good. I took 3 single shots with lots of time between them like a hunting situation and dropped the arrows right in where I wanted them from 30 and 36.5 yards. I need to do some more shooting but I am very happy with how things have started. I am not going to be able to hunt much if at all until late October so I am not terribly concerned everything seems to be working just right.