PDA

View Full Version : Trophy rock pics

Mikebaker
07-17-2014, 10:01 PM
Has anybody gotten any good pics off there trophy rock this yr? Going to go check mine this wknd. Pics to come.......Hopefully that is!

mrbb
07-18-2014, 10:52 AM
well I have never had any luck with the TR's, for what ever reason my deer don't seem to like them>?
tried off and on a bunch of times over the yrs, and they just don't go near them
NOW I get the cheaper mineral blocks from Tractor supply, like 10 bucks for a 50 lb block
and my deer hammer them
funny how deer from one area to another can be different?

But haven't put a cam over a mineral block since last summer
Guess I will have to move a cam soon LOL

Big_Holla
07-19-2014, 02:20 PM
Unfortunately my story is similar to mrbb's when it comes to the TR. The first one I put out years ago seemed to draw a lot of attention. Since then I've had others but they basically withered away due to the elements and didn't seem to draw deer nearly like the first had. At $15+ I ended up going with trace mineral from TSC as money was tight at the time. Since then I've tried a few concoctions and now rely heavily on Monster RAXX.

00buck
07-22-2014, 07:03 AM
I also get mine frome tractor supply since it isn't that far from me nearest sporting goods store is 35 or 40 mins one way I bought one last season along with tsc mineral block and noticed it breaks down faster

Strother23
07-26-2014, 03:34 PM
TR worked for me but I didn't like the price tag. I ended up making my own. I just mix salt,trace minerals, and di-cal. Dig a hole and fill it. The deer seem to love it. I will post any good pics when I get back to check my cams