PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Hogs

1RobertE
05-09-2014, 09:23 AM
Howdy!

I am in the central OH area, and am looking this year to put some free range hog in the freezer. Anyone on here have some ideas as to where in the SW OH area would be a good place to go hunt? I was told a while back that farmers in the Oak Hill, OH. area were having problems with them, but couldn't confirm the info. Let me know. And if a group of folks would be interested in getting together to drop a few, that would be a hoot too!

mrbb
05-09-2014, 02:58 PM
well I suggest doing a search here on this site a while back there was some folks here that were looking to hunt them and even had places to go
next I would try calling the wildlife officer in area's you think have issue's
as if farmer are getting damages, I am sure they would know, as I'd bet they get a ton of complaints from farmers
and that could lead to tips on where to hunt, or even priavte land owners who might let you in on there lands for hogs, as they can be a terrible critter to have about doing a lot of damage in a short time and they breed so fast
I wish I lived closer to where there were hogs, love to go kill some, for both good eats, and to help out on controling them
good luck

danger
05-11-2014, 07:26 AM
I'd suggest starting at the ODNR website. I have friends that tried in both SE Ohio and SW Ohio. They spent a lot of time where there were "known populations" and never saw a thing. It would have been cheaper & faster to drive to TN to get a hog.

Weasel
07-27-2014, 11:16 PM
I've heard they are around the state but I never hear too much about hunting them.

Big_Holla
07-30-2014, 03:33 PM
Seems like you heard about them several years ago and then nothing. I'm sure there are a few around but finding them is another story, finding someone to point you in the right direction is another story all together LOL!!