PDA

View Full Version : Leupold vendetta?

zachc
03-30-2014, 01:58 PM
Just curious if anyone uses or has used the Leupold vendetta range finder? I have been considering getting one but don't want to spend the money if they're not worth it. Sounds like a great product but need done first hand opinions...thanks

mrbb
03-30-2014, 02:30 PM
I have a ton of experience with range finders, from some that cost 10-15 grand down to the cheapest out there
would you mind me asking what you want one for??
as if you only want one for bow hunting, you will be fine with about any that are out there

you much more detailed needed and higher costsing only in my mind once you start shooting past 500 yrs
other wise, the cheaper one's will work fine to that range
if your into long range shooting, as in past 500 yrs, and all the more so once you get past 750 yrds
then the higher costsing one's come into play a lot more
other wise, you don't need them
been a 1,000 yr shooter since the late 80's
and am personal friends with a ton of the bigger named shooters and long range rifle builders
thus why I have so much time with range finder(plus I sold them for yrs too)
actually had some that would range out to 10 miles, and were capable of actually starting fires due to the lasers in side them LOL
big heavy tri pod mounted they were, Russian surplus makes! very costly,super big and heavy, but they worked great!

zachc
03-31-2014, 10:42 AM
Well I'll be using it for bow hunting...considering it's a bow mounted range finder, lol.

mrbb
03-31-2014, 10:52 AM
Ok I'm sorry I was thinking of a different model name, they have new line up of long rande range finders, and was thinking the name was one of them
so sorry about that
the bow mounted one, Is a great idea, but I think it add's bulk to the bow, and I don't know anyone that has one
long term, I would maybe worry about vibrations effecting it
and in many states, its illegal too
but leupold does make high quality products
I have been very happy with just a hand held range finder, and or pre marking tree's or?? Prior to hunting a stand

nomad_archer
04-01-2014, 08:17 AM
Plus if you are into getting your name in the record books such as P&Y I do not believe you can have any electronics mounted on the bow. I have a handheld nikon that I keep in my pocket and just pull out and range when needed. I dont shoot unless I have a very good idea of the range or the deer is so close there isnt a question on the distance I.E. less then 20 yards.