PDA

View Full Version : lost another friend today

mrbb
03-25-2014, 08:34 PM
well, just got a call
a long time friend of mine passed away
he was 90 yrs old, he drank, smoked cigars, chewed tabbaco, all his life,
was never sick a day in his life till the past few months, and even then he was active, he was plowing a field on a tractor last summer helping me do a food plot! LOL
he worked till he was 88 yrs old, cause he liked to work, was a game warden for 30 yrs, , then a engineer for 20, and then past 20+ yrs a survery, cause he liked to do that work! and did a lot fof it or free to people he knew!
just to stay busy!

great guy, and agreat hunterand trapper, since he was 8 yrs old till his late 80's when he decided ,
he just didn't want to do it no more!
and then today, he told his wife he couldn't breath, and like that he was gone!
he passed away at 4 pm today!
been a hard yr for me, lost a bunch of friends /family so far this yr

mrbb
03-25-2014, 08:47 PM
not the best pic of him, but this was him on a old barm all tractor 2 summer ago
he was out on the tractor helping me plant, and I never even asked him, I showed up and found him out there working the ground
I will Miss HIm

http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/mrbb1/mike_zpsa83d657d.jpg (http://s1190.photobucket.com/user/mrbb1/media/mike_zpsa83d657d.jpg.html)

Big_Holla
03-26-2014, 07:48 AM
Sure hate to hear the news. Guys like him are one of a kind, a different breed. Not many these days that can compare. Sorry for the loss to you and his family.

mrbb
03-26-2014, 11:42 AM
thanks
and I agree, don't find a lot of people anymore with the same set of rule these old one's live by
all hard work, and honest, never want anything they didn't earn
its a new world any more
far too many folks today, I think don't know what hard work is, or having the sacrifices to appreciate all they have
way too much is taken for gratned, or worse, felt its owe'd to them in todays world
not saying there isn't still good folks about
just times and value's have sure changed for most if you ask me!

nomad_archer
03-26-2014, 01:18 PM
Sorry to hear stan. Sounds like one hell of a man and friend.

mrbb
03-26-2014, 10:55 PM
Thanks Nomad
and he was !

00buck
03-27-2014, 07:00 PM
sorry for your loss

hortontoter
03-30-2014, 12:06 AM
Sorry to hear that Stan. I'm sure you will miss him.

mrbb
03-30-2014, 02:54 PM
again, thanks guys!

radicalxl
03-30-2014, 05:28 PM
At least he made it to 90. All the years with my ass stuck to a Harley seat I met a lot of good friends who never made it past their 40's. They went out the way the they wanted, sounds like he did too. Sorry for your loss.

mrbb
03-30-2014, 06:31 PM
I agree, I buried a lot of friends that were way younger
and all the more to be able to live till 90, without any issue's, rare I bet for sure
he was a lucky guy, and a nice one too
had a big turn out at the funeral too
considering most of his friends and family pasy away yrs back
yet still a lot of folks came, says,others felt he was a decent guy as well