PDA

View Full Version : spring cleaning

mrbb
03-23-2014, 08:04 PM
OK this is a question I have for the owners
but any one can add to it

Mike, is there any way to do something like I know happens on a few other sites I belong to
every spring, a few sites I am on, do what they call a spring cleaning
they send out a mass e mail to all members( as they require an e mail to join the sites, as I believe this one did, forget, been a long time since I joined)
asking them to reply to a post on the site, thus when they reply it updates them as an active member
after a few weeks, anyone that doesn't reply, gets removed from the members list
I personally think its a fair deal, it then shows who is an active member and who isn't
and then they drop the non responsive members
making them if they want re join
I notice many times it gets folks that have been lax, to reply to more post's, making the site more active?

Just an idea?
as seems your post only got 20 or so folks to reply
like to think we have more active members than that, so manybe a reminder to check in, would help?
cannot hurt or??

Big_Holla
03-24-2014, 10:41 AM
I would like to see that as well but I would be surprised if it did. Number of members is very important for a website like this one. I would like to at least see all of the banned spammers get deleted though.

00buck
03-24-2014, 11:21 AM
I agree with both of you if that were to happen maybe there would be more of an idea who is still around

Mikebaker
03-24-2014, 06:39 PM
We have done that in the past. Been awhile tho. Problem is some ppl for some reason or another may have changed emails and won't receive the email and get deleted even I there still active. Could do email and pm? Will talk with Chris on tho as well.
As far as spammers go, i will work on that. We got rid of a lot of them but it's a full time job as you know chuck. They can be a pain!

Big_Holla
03-25-2014, 08:23 AM
As far as spammers go, i will work on that. We got rid of a lot of them but it's a full time job as you know chuck. They can be a pain!

Hell that can be a full time job in itself at times!!!