PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellas.

BluSpruOutfitters
03-23-2014, 06:34 PM
Hey guys! Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My names Adam. Been hunting for around 10 years just started bow hunting recently, absolutely addicted. Been working on making my property to make it more deer friendly, hopefully everyone here can help!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Mikebaker
03-23-2014, 06:45 PM
Welcome aboard! There's a lot of guys with yrs of knowledge here. Just ask away! Good luck and god bless!

mrbb
03-23-2014, 07:55 PM
welcome aboard
working on making a property better for wildlife is a great way to pass the time, and its a great investment too
I been doing food plots since the late 80's
and doing property improvements to where I now hunt since the 90's
be gald to help with any questions I can , found out a lot of things the hard way over the yrs LOL now like to think a little smarter with how I spend my time and money on projects! and even tools to use!

BluSpruOutfitters
03-23-2014, 09:44 PM
Thanks a lot! Yeah. I'm pretty lucky to have enough tools and equipment, we own an 150 acre Christmas tree farm here in Medina County. Great hunting land for part of the season but, when Nov. 25 rolls around people flood onto the property, and everyone knows how great that is for hunters. Lol. Not!!! So basically my two biggest hurdles are getting the deer to stay on the property and keeping them as shielded as possible from customers. Not an easy task. Any ideas to help those things would help!!

“In a civilized and cultivated country, wild animals only continue to exist at all when preserved by sportsmen.” -Theodore Roosevelt

Big_Holla
03-24-2014, 10:42 AM
Welcome to BHO!

00buck
03-24-2014, 11:19 AM
Welcome to the forum not really sure how to keep people out but there are people here that can tell you how to help keep deer there post away

mrbb
03-24-2014, 07:04 PM
Best advice is then maybe to try hunting the early season more
then won't matter if folks crowd your lands so much

Second best advice is, setting a side some acres, you don't let folks go into, and post it up really really good
then deer will always have a safe place to be and stay on your lands
also planting good late season foods will help a lot too, like corn, brassicia's, even soy beans(though they go fast if not a lot is there)
best of luck to you

BluSpruOutfitters
03-25-2014, 03:43 PM
Thanks a lot guys. As soon as it stops being the arctic outside ill go out and post some pics.