PDA

View Full Version : Deer and turkey expo

zachc
03-16-2014, 07:43 PM
Just got home a lil bit ago from the Ohio deer and turkey expo. Just wondering if anyone else went this weekend? If so what kind of goodies you picked up. Me...I bought some seed to start a couple foods plots on our new property.Oh yeah also bought our 2 girls a couple calls (coyote and rabbit distress), that's what they said they wanted lol.

00buck
03-16-2014, 11:47 PM
didnt make it this year trying to find a bass boat it seems like it is taking forever maybe i am being to picky LOL

blackbeard
03-17-2014, 09:22 AM
Yes, went Sunday and it was crowded as usual. Got there in time to watch Byron Ferguson's trick shooting. My boys liked watching that. Saw some cool products and some of the same ole same ole products. Enjoyed it.

Mikebaker
03-17-2014, 10:32 AM
Didn't make it up this yr. how was the crowd? Any new cool things this yr?

zachc
03-17-2014, 11:03 AM
The crowd was ok, a little busy but not horrible. As far as new products go...I didn't see a whole lot that caught my eye. Seems like every year there are more outfitters and less products, don't know about you guys but paying $4-5000 for a big deer is out of the question. Good show tho all around, always have fun up there. On the same note...I wasn't really looking for anything specific but seed.

00buck
03-17-2014, 12:41 PM
I agree 4-5000 is out of the question I hunt mainly for meat but if a decent one happens bye I will let it fly

ranger175a
03-18-2014, 06:32 AM
I couldn't bring myself to pay to hunt whitetail. They are my favorite creature to hunt but they're not worth that much money to me.

tpjeep
03-18-2014, 03:39 PM
Forgot all about it, doesn't sound like I missed much, would like to have seen Byron shoot though, I hope the outfitter thing phases out myself, don't think I would be as satisfied with an outfitter deer, as one on my own, no matter the size, but that's jmo

Big_Holla
03-18-2014, 03:59 PM
I think the Bowhunting Supershow is going to be better than the D&T Expo. Last I saw they had every booth filled and with so many things going on related to archery it's going to be great. Hope to make it to that, drove right past the D&T E last weekend.

terryu80
03-19-2014, 10:30 PM
I had a great time! Had some beers with the slunger hollow guys...bought shirts hats stickers DVDs...shot some bows...shared some stories..made some friends..This is why I've been going for the past 10 years

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

zachc
03-20-2014, 11:34 PM
I heard that, I love me some Slunger Hollow! Those guys have come a long way from their first DVD to where they are now is awesome! That's the one thing me and my dad look forward to buying every year, a Slunger Hollow DVD!
I had a great time! Had some beers with the slunger hollow guys...bought shirts hats stickers DVDs...shot some bows...shared some stories..made some friends..This is why I've been going for the past 10 years

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Stumpy
03-24-2014, 12:23 PM
This was the first year I haven't been in a long time. It seems my middle son figured that weekend was a good time to tie the knot. Hope he knows he'll never be able to go to one again. It will always be his anniversary weekend.....LOL

blackbeard
03-25-2014, 10:28 PM
A lot of outfitters that's for sure, was glad to see Steve Bartylla back, would have liked to have talked with him, coolest product I saw was the TV archery target. It looks like a TV but is actually a target where you can project videos, trail cam photos, etc onto then shoot it. Very pricey. Funny to see some booths too. Saw some guys from around my area that make their own videos, etc. one of the guys in the booth and part of their crew is a total BS artist, just shook my head and moved on, capitalism at its finest!

zachc
03-26-2014, 12:16 AM
Well you can't leave me hanging Blackbeard...which guys are those, don't have to throw out the guys name you know. Just don't want to support some shady s**t.

blackbeard
03-29-2014, 01:22 AM
I don't even now what they are calling themselves, I didn't pay that much attention, sorry.