PDA

View Full Version : Website

Mikebaker
03-11-2014, 10:58 PM
I'd like to start off thanking all of you guys for the support over the yrs and sticking it out with me and Chris. We started this website to give us hunters and outdoorsman the opportunity to come together and share stories. Make new friends and catch up with old ones. I think we've seen good memories made thru the yrs and hope that continues. We have truly put our hearts in this website and will continue for yrs to come. I know i may not be on here as much as I used to be but, its not as easy as it once was! I work 10-12hr days with an hour drive each way with no access to computers at work. I also have a business at home part time and 4 kids and a wife. It's busy! I know I'm not alone. We all have priorities that must be attended too. I completely get it. And in no way is that a excuse. Me and Chris are on here everyday checking things but rarely post anymore due to time. That fact is we do it for our members, sponsors...ect. The bottom line is as long as we want to pay the bills for this site, it will be here. And it's not going anywhere soon! It comes 100% out of our pockets! Plus the time we put into it to provide a place to come and talk hunting. I will continue to address serious matters as I have in the past.
Websites get drama and that is just part of it! I don't talk about personal life events but felt I needed to at this point.
I do hope we can all just get back to what we love and let the past and hard feelings be forgotten.
God bless and thanks!
Mike

mrbb
03-12-2014, 02:12 AM
Well I have never had any hard feeling towards you, and I have always said life is one thing that stops a lot of us from doing things as we once did
nothing stays the same
but glad you gave some information, as I think a lot of members will appreciate it
good luck
I hope this site is here for a long time to come too!
i've enjoyed my time here

Mikebaker
03-12-2014, 07:15 AM
Thanks mrbb!
Enjoy reading your posts and appreciate your open mind at times. It will get back to where it was. Change is hard but sometimes for the good.

Big_Holla
03-12-2014, 11:00 AM
I'm glad you wrote this Mike, it helps remind everyone that you are here and still care about the site and the members. It also reminds us that sometimes things take us away from this place from time to time. Hopefully we can all get away, me included, from thinking about how things used to be and start looking at what this place could be for the future. How we get there I have no idea, guess it just takes one step at a time but hopefully we all care enough to put that one foot forward, from top to bottom, member to member.

Mikebaker
03-12-2014, 11:29 AM
I agree 100%. I find a lot people read more than post. Not sure if it's fear of asking a question that some my feel is dumb? There is never a dumb question in my opinion. Now answers maybe...lol. Diversity is a good thing and helps People grow and find there strengths and weaknesses.
We have great members! I've always said that and still do. At the end of the day it's the members who make this site. Not me or Chris. We can do things to help or hinder but we're just two ppl who want the best for all of us. If we can make things better in areas that may help I'm all ears. We both are easy to talk to. So feel free to let us know.
Mike

mrbb
03-12-2014, 12:25 PM
I agree 100%. I find a lot people read more than post. Not sure if it's fear of asking a question that some my feel is dumb? There is never a dumb question in my opinion. Now answers maybe...lol. Diversity is a good thing and helps People grow and find there strengths and weaknesses.
We have great members! I've always said that and still do. At the end of the day it's the members who make this site. Not me or Chris. We can do things to help or hinder but we're just two ppl who want the best for all of us. If we can make things better in areas that may help I'm all ears. We both are easy to talk to. So feel free to let us know.
Mike
well Mike, I will ask you this, is there any way of getting a live 24/7 camera going on this site?
I think that would add a lot of traffic to this site and maybe add a few more posts
as I know this site seems to get hit hard for info on Ohio, all the more so in hunting season, so having a live cam to check, weather or just to look and see what?? might be going on
just an idea

Big_Holla
03-12-2014, 04:12 PM
I think most if not all members look up to you and have a lot of respect for you and Chris both Mike. That said, I think your opinions and the occasional post would go a long way here. That's how I've always felt anyways.

This place used to be flooded with trail camera pictures all season long so mrbb's mention of a live cam is a great idea to perhaps get the ball rolling. That or if you guys have trail cam pics to share on occasion. I will be getting mine out soon so will have a few here and there to share.

This time of year is shed season and mineral update season so hopefully some have the time to make mention of what's going on in their world with stuff like that. I know it's easy to say it only takes a minute, coming from someone who hasn't posted a meaningful post or thread in a long time, but it really does.

nomad_archer
03-13-2014, 01:32 PM
You nailed it Big_Holla. I do respect both of the owners. I was intrigued as they seem very successful hunters so much so that I really would like to follow you and Chris's seasons. I feel like there is a lot to learn from all of the members here. I have never been one that was able to get great access and bucks never ever ever come easy. Even the little ones are scarce where I hunt. But I have been more successful in the past few years with does so that is a start in the right direction. But is is fun to learn from those that are able to consistently get on good buck after good buck. So an occasional post and goes a long way and I may learn something new.

Mikebaker
03-13-2014, 05:13 PM
well Mike, I will ask you this, is there any way of getting a live 24/7 camera going on this site?
I will get with Chris and see what we can do.

And I need to set aside time to post. Always a lot to share just little time to share it. Deffinitly going to make more of an effort.

Also, I know we need more ppl posting and I'm open to ideas to get that started again. We have never advertised but have always seemed to do good with word of mouth. More ppl mean more posts. My have to go that route. Things will pick up. I'm sure of it!

mrbb
03-13-2014, 11:03 PM
well I always liked the idea's of smaller contests
be them something that once a month a winner can be picked
be it simple things like
post your favorite trail cam pic's
your best buck
your best turkey
or even, make it something more creative, like, lets pic an animal, and see who can get the best/first picture of it on a DATED NEW not old one they have from the past
and post it!
reason I say picture contest is , picture treads seem to get viewed the most, and in todays age
most hunters have trail camera's
BUT doing this would take more input from , I'm going to say the owners
the pictures could be voted on by members to pick a winner
but it will take work from someone running the site I think
I know we tried this in the past, and it got some action, but since there was never any prizes
it seemed to fail
prizes, maybe could be from site sponser's
don't have to be much, but??
better the prize, I bet the more folks that enter and the more action the site gets!
other sites I visit, have $25.00 amazon gift cards, as prizes, once a month
prizes could also always be left for the next contest too, if winner wants
but I honestly think we have a ton of memebers now
its just most don't post, reply to post, or seem very happy when they do post
funny to me, as most of these folks complain there is no action here, and well its like complaining about things your guilty of!
but I truely think, something new has to happen here to generate more active posts
as leaving it up to just the folks here, to add more
seems like a loosing battle, a stand still of sorts