PDA

View Full Version : Metro Parks Controlled Hunt

Onebigdude
03-09-2014, 12:48 AM
I was drawn to participate in the controlled hunt in the Summit County Metro Parks last season and hunted from late December through early February. Did not see ONE single deer. Lots of ground blinds, trail cams, and a few bait piles that I would assume from neighbors of the park. I'm guessing during the work week, the surrounding neighbors were hunting the property or at least checking trail cams and refreshing bait piles which caused the deer to go nocturnal. Anyone else that has been part of the program, how was it? I thought I was basically being handed the rights to a honey hole, but it turned out to be pretty frustrating. It was me and my 2 guests and left without seeing a single deer.

mrbb
03-09-2014, 01:13 AM
I think a lot of folks think hunts like that are sure deals, but deer are smart, and they learn us better than we do them
pressure is pressure, be in a big forest or farm, or behind houses
and nocturnal deer I think is a much more common problem we deer hunters are facing more and more, in every place
deer movements are moving a lot to me, in just the last few yrs
there getting smarter Lol

Onebigdude
03-09-2014, 01:48 AM
Yea I was just shocked I guess

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

00buck
03-09-2014, 08:05 PM
I have heard of familiar things about the metro parks

nomad_archer
03-10-2014, 09:40 AM
I havnt hear anything like that however from the times I have spent in the metro parks near where I used to live there wasnt too much in the way of habitat mostly very very open woods. Plus I only saw one or two deer and I used to spend a lot of time hiking through the parks.