PDA

View Full Version : Cash for coyotes

zachc
03-01-2014, 01:12 AM
So i've only been coyote huntin once or twice...with no shots. But we hear them every couple nights out at our new place and I actually called a couple of them in last Monday night but I wasn't huntin just playing around. Anyways, I was talking to a guy at work and he said depending where you take them, unskinned coyotes are going for anywhere between $45-75 a piece. Anyone know if this it's accurate also does anywhere know where I might could take a couple when I shoot them? I need somewhere closet to Blanchester.

blackbeard
03-01-2014, 07:58 PM
For that price I'd like o know as well, skinning them stinky critters is awful.

nomad_archer
03-02-2014, 11:45 AM
At that price i may take up hunting for them

00buck
03-02-2014, 04:40 PM
Me too I just give them away maybe I should try to sell them LOL

mrbb
03-02-2014, 07:20 PM
well I have hunted them for many many yrs, back in the late 80's and early 90's, there were a lot of fur buyers that paid25-45 bucks for s fine coyote coat, many bought them, as is, too, no need to skin them, but have not heard of that since then
on Feb 21-23 I was in a state wide coyote hunt here in PA, that had a pop of over 36 grand, first place paid I think just under 10 grand
I have been doing coyote contest like this for about 15+ yrs now, I did see one this past one, too, a BIG one, but with 3+ ft of snow on the ground and it being well over 400 yrds from me, I couldn't justify shooting it, as the deep snow was that much work to walk in to go get it LOl

here is a link to the last contest
I used to post them on thsi site for yrs, too! before the hunts started!

http://www.mosquitocreeksportsmen.com/coyote.html