PDA

View Full Version : people

00buck
02-27-2014, 07:15 PM
man this site has really slowed way down from when i joined

MAYBE THERE IS A WAY WE CAN GET THE WORD OUT FOR THIS SITE AND FORUM I HAVE REFERRED SEVERAL PEOPLE HERE AND IT SEEMS LIKE PEOPLE JUST JOIN OR ARE NOT VISITING THIS SITE DOES ANYONE DISPLAY A BOWHUNTING OHIO STICKER ON THERE CAR TRUCK OR BOAT I WOULD IF I HAD ONE OR KNEW WHERE TO GET ONE I HAVE POSTED THIS FORUM ON A CUSTOM BAIT FORUM I AM A MEMBER OF TRYING TO GET SOME OF THE HUNTERS FROM OTHER PLACES I AM AFFILIATED WITH AND IT SEEMS LIKE IT HAS NOT GOT ANY BETTER MAYBE IT IS JUST ME BUT I JOINED FOR ADVICE AND TO READ AND POST TO HELP GET THROUGH THE MONTHS OF NO HUNTING LET SEE IF WE CAN REVIVE THIS SITE OR HAS EVERYONE GIVEN UP

Griz
02-28-2014, 03:11 PM
I agree 00buck, this site is almost dead. We lost a few members because they let things get personal. Its too bad. I miss alot of them. Some still check in once and awhile. Myself, I get a little discouraged, not seeing activity, but still check in. Its been a real cold winter, I can't wait for the snow to go and do a little shed hunting. What we need is a shot of adrenlin. An wake this site up!

00buck
02-28-2014, 06:19 PM
That's what I am trying to say this site is about dead and I don't know if anyone including the owners are trying to promote this site why I don't know it is easy to navigate and most people are easy to get along with I personally think they should do give aways and maybe some get together s and anything to keep site alive even if the giveaways where bowhuntingohio.com merchandise I think it would bring more people in and help hold the ones still here I thought about leaving when some of the older guys left but realized there are a lot of other people that are helpful and will still post good info I have asked numerous times for people to shoot with in Delaware archery range or cardinal center in Marengo if you have ideas how to keep site up post them maybe the owners will take notice and do something about it

radicalxl
02-28-2014, 06:26 PM
Yep, pretty bad. I still check in about everyday and there is nothing going on.

zachc
03-01-2014, 01:17 AM
I'd be more than happy to show off a couple bowhunting Ohio stickers on my car and truck if I could get a couple...so how do we get them???

00buck
03-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Not sure maybe the owner's will post how or offer to send them to us

nomad_archer
03-02-2014, 12:23 PM
Yep i checkin almost every day it is tough when there is so little activity

00buck
03-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Yes very true I check in daily but not giving up yet

mrbb
03-02-2014, 07:24 PM
well I agree folks, things here have been slow, and slower
but at same time, and sorry if this offends anyone
but only way things will pick up, is if we ALL add more to the site
just logging in and seeing nothing and leaving, sorry again,
adds nothing to the site
kinda up to those that visit to maybe help make the site more active, by adding more posts of your own, and or pictures, as pictures tend to get a lot of views and reply's from my experience
say as maybe trying to get your fellow friends to join or add to it
I tried my best to keep things going, and well, seems some folks rather I didn't LOL
but I tried
and will add some as I can still
but more we ALL add the better the site can get
or that's the only way I see it lasting

blackbeard
03-03-2014, 12:39 AM
People will get on here if there are things to read and discuss. Like Stan said everyone has to create topics and reply to other posts to keep things fresh. The seasons over and things are always slow this time of year but never this slow in the past. OObuck- your ideas are good but way too optimistic.

nomad_archer
03-03-2014, 07:59 AM
Stan glad to see you back its been awhile since you posted. I try to reply to most topics that get posted if I have anything or maybe not so much to add. Using the "Most Recent Posts" link at the top has really helped me keep track of whats going on. And Stand and BB are right we need to post and reply to posts. When I check in I reply to an new topics or threads. Sometimes its tough when I would be replying to myself. I may be losing it a bit buy I'm not ready to start talking to myself

00buck
03-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Me either nomad I was hoping this would get the attention of the site owners but they have yet to reply maybe some day if we keep it going if I owned a site I think I would stop in and check it out every day or so

radicalxl
03-06-2014, 06:23 PM
well I agree folks, things here have been slow, and slower
but at same time, and sorry if this offends anyone
but only way things will pick up, is if we ALL add more to the site
just logging in and seeing nothing and leaving, sorry again,
adds nothing to the site
kinda up to those that visit to maybe help make the site more active, by adding more posts of your own, and or pictures, as pictures tend to get a lot of views and reply's from my experience
say as maybe trying to get your fellow friends to join or add to it
I tried my best to keep things going, and well, seems some folks rather I didn't LOL
but I tried
and will add some as I can still
but more we ALL add the better the site can get
or that's the only way I see it lasting

I have to throw the red flag on this one Stan, I got back on after getting a new computer after being off a couple of months. I haven't hunted in the last couple years so I haven't had a whole lotta hunting stuff to post about. So the hot topic on the TV a few months back was about the Phil Robertson thing. On 12-24-2013 I asked what everyone thought about it in the discuss other thread. Check it out, It still has zero replies. Am I to assume that no one whats to discuss anything with me?

mrbb
03-06-2014, 11:25 PM
well radicalxl
I don't recall seeing your post, not doubting it, just saying I must have missed it
and to be honest I have no idea about that hunting show, or issue's with the person in it, so I wouldn't have had anything to add
But this again shows me, that folks log on, look and leave, and that means Most members too
I have posted a lot of post, hell I will say many times, about 50% of my treads get a lot of looks and zero reply's
but like i said, I kept trying, and didn't give up
I stopped posting for a while, due to, like I also said, some times life's events cause us to not have the time to spend here
and also, the lack or intrest shown by so many members
look at how many members we have, stats are on home page
and then see how often folks log on
and then look at how many add to this site?
it takes folks adding to the site all yr, and on more subjects than just hunting, hunting season for it to work here
so, what about the red flag?
seems like more members have throw in a white one and surrendered to this site never getting back to its good old days
and with that thought process, it never will, even if the owner added a post every day
it still would only be one post a day
unless we all add something more often
and this is just my opinion, I might be wrong too!
just saying what I ?/

radicalxl
03-07-2014, 06:03 AM
Just wanted to point out that you can post all you want, you still need people to read them and comment.

mrbb
03-07-2014, 11:11 AM
Just wanted to point out that you can post all you want, you still need people to read them and comment.

Thqts been my point all along,
we have the people here, reading and we have tons of memebers
this post alone has been looked at 2,000+ times
but again, that's my point, members are it seems just as guilty, they look but don't add to the site, or well most don't
its to me a few guys that reply, and rest don't
yet so many complain about the site being slow, and no one replying to treads
well, comes down to practice what you preach at some point!
if this site ever gets active again, it has to be by memebers adding to it, and not just the owner, or a few memebers
again look at stats on how many memeber this site has, and then look at how many times each and every tread gets viewed
there is no shortage of people looking here, but adding to the site?/
that's where it fails
and its the lookers that don't add to this site, and many many are memebers
so if memebers don't like how it is, then they need to step up and add more
set an example maybe, the more the better

Big_Holla
03-07-2014, 11:24 AM

Agree completely!

After putting my heart and soul into this site for so long I sure hope you guys can figure it out. It's all about participation and treating people right though.....members AND owners. Free stuff is always a good way to get people to join and somewhat participate but from how things are, that will never happen. Even though it may be enough incentive to keep a few around and spark a new group of diehards I just don't see it, not even for some sort of deer contest. BowhuntingOhio stickers? Yep, I used to have one that I bought for my truck but found it didn't do much to spark interest with me living in Michigan. Along with the T-shirts and even my BHO wall clock, I ate and breathed BowhuntinOhio.

Having fun is what keeps people interested in things, whether it's a sport, a hobby or friendships. There have been years where things were fun on here and that's when things were the greatest. When things turned into a hate on each other and the feeling of being not welcome to some that's when things went south. For me that's when this turned into a second job and turned into a panic to try to get help from everyone. That's when I stopped having fun.

I think it's fair to say that most of us that post more often have had plenty of threads that we started that got absolutely no or very little response. Perhaps that's a flaw in the system somewhere as I like to get on and see what I've missed for the last week, not just 24 hours. Perhaps it's a topic that either doesn't interest the next guy/gal as much or perhaps it's too deep of a topic that people shy away from and don't want to get involved online. I've racked my brain over this time and again....

I've been on forums that are so busy that you cannot keep up with all the posts and threads to others like this one that struggle to keep an active membership and several in between. The biggest thing I see in the successful one's is having owners OR staff OR.....BOTH participating. Not just participating though, actually being someone that others look up to and can relate to. Maybe that is where we lacked with being staff. That and as staff many of us felt left out or felt the burden of running things on our own that perhaps some of it showed and was carried down to the forum, IDK. Frustrating, that's for sure.

00buck
03-07-2014, 02:37 PM
Yeah let's see some staff post some

Big_Holla
03-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Yeah let's see some staff post some

Just so you know, the only staff that are left are the (2) owners. Everyone else has resigned.

00buck
03-07-2014, 03:25 PM
I know and I don't think the owners are ever on I sent them pics from challenge for them to post and they didn't even take the responsibility to even post the pics or info and he was team captain Wtf

mrbb
03-07-2014, 08:18 PM
well guys, I agree owners should be on here, and be making, or atleast showing some way that they are trying to be a part of there own site
but again, we have like 5,816 members here , according to the stat's on the home page
they way out number the owners and even staff(even when we had a lot more staff members)
so, till members here start to add a lot more, it may never be a busy active site, owners here or not
its a team work deal in my eye's we all have to WANT to add more to the site, and actually ADD more to it
for it to happen
I have to think in the past 2 months there have been more posts about no activiety here, than anything else reallY
were all maybe a bunch of cry babies LOL
Only kidding, But??

Big_Holla
03-10-2014, 10:31 AM
I've never looked at the total members on this site for any indication of how busy it is. Reason being, there are tons of them who are the spammers that we blocked but they never were deleted. Not to mention the members who don't even check in any more that signed up years ago. If you look now it shows over 200 active people looking, most if not all are bots which are search engines if I recall correctly. Very misleading. Proof is in the pudding by who is actually here reading things and posting. You don't get any of that and what do you have?! A forum with 5,816 members of nothing to draw more in to STAY and post.

mrbb
03-10-2014, 12:15 PM
Again I agree, it take folks adding to the site, and numbers can be miss leading for sure
but also, look at just how many times a post is read
I still think a lot of members read posts here, but don't add anything to most of them?
And that's the odd part
as again, so many seem upset with no activity here, and when folks look but don't add, its part of the problem more than part of a solution

Big_Holla
03-10-2014, 12:33 PM
Again I agree, it take folks adding to the site, and numbers can be miss leading for sure
but also, look at just how many times a post is read
I still think a lot of members read posts here, but don't add anything to most of them?
And that's the odd part
as again, so many seem upset with no activity here, and when folks look but don't add, its part of the problem more than part of a solution

Couldn't agree more. As for me I'm just burnt out on trying to come up with new threads...on any forum for that matter. This one sucked the life out of me and with how this year has gone I like to add to someone's existing post but that's about it.

mrbb
03-10-2014, 01:16 PM
I agree, a forum should be fun and not work!
I post when I can, and repky if I have interest in a started one
I guess that's what most do
only seems most folks here have little intrest I guess in what most folks post? Lol
don't know
it is what it is
like to see things easier flowing here, but?

nomad_archer
03-10-2014, 03:56 PM
I am going to have to agree with both of you. This should be fun not work. I want this place to get better I really do but sometimes it feels like the site is a sick dog where you want everything to be like it used to be when it was in its prime. But sometimes I have to wonder if we should just put it down and out of its misery.

I don't know the owners rationale but with the ads and sponsorship this site may just be a small cash cow for them regardless of actual membership. I dont know I am just speculating.

Anyways I post when I can.

MICH
03-10-2014, 08:42 PM
hey guys my .02, being from the state up north & buying hunting land in so. ohio, i joined to ask & try to get info on so. ohio AND mrbb. BH,BB along with others on here helped to fill me in & were nice about it, think this site was to help hunters with questions, you can tell your hunting story & people read it......there are some dads that have basketball, travel softball and baseball like i do so they cannt be on there alot....but this site is ALWAYS here when i need to ask for info, i like it, should pick up for turkey season then blink & it will be august.....thanks to the guys that welcomed me on here and share info with me

hortontoter
03-11-2014, 12:06 AM
Plain and simple. I just don't take the time to get on much any more. I have way to many things I like to do. Sitting in front of a 16" monitor is just not high on my priority list.

I've watched this site go from a fun place to hang out, share ideas and meet a few like minded folks to more of a war zone. I admit I was in a few battles, but most were due to my high standards on hunting ethics. I say what I think and sometimes it wasn't taken kindly to, so be it.

I don't think the owners of the site make a site good or bad in reality. The participating members make a site flourish or whither away and die IMO.

mrbb
03-11-2014, 02:29 PM
Plain and simple. I just don't take the time to get on much any more. I have way to many things I like to do. Sitting in front of a 16" monitor is just not high on my priority list.

I've watched this site go from a fun place to hang out, share ideas and meet a few like minded folks to more of a war zone. I admit I was in a few battles, but most were due to my high standards on hunting ethics. I say what I think and sometimes it wasn't taken kindly to, so be it.

I don't think the owners of the site make a site good or bad in reality. The participating members make a site flourish or whither away and die IMO.

Hortontoter, I agree, no one has the time to just sit in front of a PC, and about the bickering here at times(sure I am guilty of a few)
but I think the point of it all is, its the fact that when folks do find the time to log on, and look here, most just look and leave, never adding anything to the site
and like you, the owner can be here all day I think, and this won't change anything(won't hurt either lol)
but its the fact that 90+% of folks that log in here do ONLY that log in, look and leave
and till this changes, if this ever changes, this site will never get any better
like you said its up to members to make or break this site,!

radicalxl
03-11-2014, 07:21 PM
I must also admit that I have not posted in certain threads because I didn't want the drama anymore. It goes right to the statements about being fun and not work. As a matter of fact I put up with a lot less at work than I have in some threads on here. It's no fun to be 59 years old and have to listen to the disrespect from some of the young people that have come and gone on here. I swore that I would never turn into my dad, but he has returned. LOL.

bamabowhunter
05-13-2014, 04:25 AM
Being an out of state Hunter, I like the site. I too am guilty of just getting on in the summer and hunting months. I thoroughly enjoy the site, but usually only make time for it during that time.