PDA

View Full Version : Good day to take stands down

blackbeard
02-23-2014, 07:37 PM
Got three down before lunch and didn't even sweat, what a difference between today and when I put them up in September while sweating my butt off. Four more to go sometime. Lots of deer sign out there with trails that look like cow paths. With the unusual snow cover around here for a month deer have even been eating pine needles from branches knocked down by the ice and snow.

00buck
02-27-2014, 07:04 PM
yeah i keep putting it off went and took blind down might take one or two down when i fill feeder this weekend just remember to wear harness and be safe

blackbeard
03-01-2014, 07:56 PM
Got one more down today, plan for another tomorrow, like to have them down before spring.

nomad_archer
03-02-2014, 11:48 AM
I had mine down before end of the season because mine where 250 miles away and the bad weather would keep me from making the trip. My dad still has one up but it is a old one we will get during spring Turkey

blackbeard
03-03-2014, 12:28 AM
Three more down today in the cold morning rain, started icing up right when I was done, all my stands are down and stored away....now to figure out where to put them all back up in 5 months :)

nomad_archer
03-03-2014, 08:01 AM
Planning stand sights for next year is a lot of fun. My dad and I talk about it a lot in the off season. I can wait for spring turkey so I can get back up to my camp and do a little scouting for next deer season.

blackbeard
03-14-2014, 09:51 PM
Yeah I'll be trying some of the same sites next year and replacing 3-4 with new sites.

terryu80
03-19-2014, 10:32 PM
I'm hitting my spots sunday...maybe look for some sheds while I'm out

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

00buck
04-12-2014, 11:04 AM
Well all my stands are down getting ready for some spring turkey stupid question if there was a field that wasn't harvested would it still be considered a bait site

Mikebaker
04-12-2014, 12:13 PM
Yea, going out tomoro to take mine all down. And that's a good question. I would think since it was never harvested it wouldn't but I'd ask a warden to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

00buck
04-13-2014, 02:24 PM
Be safe and I will contact warden to be sure not sure why it wasn't harvested

mrbb
04-13-2014, 04:36 PM
some times crops are not harvested if there was too much crop damage, or if they were in a co op with the state, where they have to leave it standing to"X" date, and then weather could keep them from cutting
OR another reason could be returning field back to CRP lands, then they might leave it go
most states don't consider standing crops as bait
but best to double check for sure