PDA

View Full Version : GPS BOW AND ARROW

combscp22
02-04-2014, 05:02 PM
I am working on a group project about making a prototype of a gps bow and arrow. I am looking for feedback on whether this is considered a good idea or would not be useful in the hunting community.

Griz
02-05-2014, 07:51 AM
Explain how it works.

nomad_archer
02-05-2014, 09:37 AM
you need to be more specific on how it works as having electronics/gps type tracking devices integrated with an arrow I believe is illegal where I hunt in Pa and most likely illegal in several other states.

Big_Holla
02-05-2014, 10:57 AM
I have no interest in even hearing an explanation.......

combscp22
02-06-2014, 11:06 AM
The way it would work is we would insert either a GPS in the arrow or an attachment and it would be integrated with an app or other interface so the hunter would be able to locate the arrow

Griz
02-06-2014, 06:31 PM
The way it would work is we would insert either a GPS in the arrow or an attachment and it would be integrated with an app or other interface so the hunter would be able to locate the arrow

A noble idea with the right intentions. But I think it would not go over well with most hunters. And in some states it would be illegal or become illegal. My first negative thought about it is, it may make a hunter take an unethical shot, knowing that he could find the arrow and maybe the game too. Yes, you could find your arrow but I think it could be a slippery slope.