PDA

View Full Version : harrisburg Pa sportsman show

mrbb
01-27-2014, 12:11 PM
OK anyone planning to go this yr to the show
now the NRA is running it, and after a no show last yr
they are saying its going to be a super show this yr with a lot of new things
I am thinking this yr more gun MFG's will be at the show
but any how, its always a great show I'm glad its back, and being run now by the NRA too

89trackerpro17
01-27-2014, 12:23 PM
Was planning on going but not sure I'm going to have time.

nomad_archer
01-27-2014, 12:50 PM
I am going on Thursday with the wife. Crowds are a little lighter during the week and I only live about half an hour away.

mrbb
01-27-2014, 04:50 PM
I used to think that too Nomad, but from the past 20+ yrs of going, and even running booths there , I honestly don't think it matters, week day, week end, its always crowded, this show packs them in every day, and after not having it last yr, I think this yr is going to be extra full, add in all this severe cold temps,a nd cabin fever!! I say every day will be packed, early in the AM, used to be the best time of day yrs I was at booths there, had elbow room first 2 hrs then back to packed again!
I'm thinking about going superbowl sunday, that might have more folks at home???
get there about noon and see!
that is if I go, its about an hr or so from me

Griz
01-27-2014, 05:05 PM
What are the date's mrbb?

mrbb
01-27-2014, 05:54 PM
sorry Guess I should have addded the link to the show
but dates are feb 1-9th
its the largest sportsman show in the USA
they been doing this show every yr for like 40+ yrs, with last yr being the only yr it hasn't happened since it started
and that was due to the people running the show, having issue's with guns, and then many many venders pulled out due to the issue's
costs the area a ton of money, think they expect to make like 100 million bucks in the 9 days
this show is HUGE if you have never been there, must be about 40+ acres of inside buildings displays
its an all day event to walk the whole place
its really worth the drive or even flying in if your looking to book a hunt any where in the world, or bring the kids to see all the game mounts, without a lie, there will be maybe 5-10,000 mounted critters in the show from booth to booth
any thing out doors, is there from trucks to atv's snow mobiles, 6-8 wheel drives, and everything hunting nder the sun pretty sure all 50 states game depts/toursim have a booth here
best advice is , think about what you want to see before hand, and get online and view a map of the venders, and plan on going there to them, as you will bneed a map to find most
but again its a great show
not really a gun show, just an outdoors show, with tons of hunting and fishing being the biggest part of the show

http://www.greatamericanoutdoorshow.org/

nomad_archer
01-28-2014, 08:38 AM
I used to think that too Nomad, but from the past 20+ yrs of going, and even running booths there , I honestly don't think it matters, week day, week end, its always crowded, this show packs them in every day, and after not having it last yr, I think this yr is going to be extra full, add in all this severe cold temps,a nd cabin fever!! I say every day will be packed, early in the AM, used to be the best time of day yrs I was at booths there, had elbow room first 2 hrs then back to packed again!
I'm thinking about going superbowl sunday, that might have more folks at home???
get there about noon and see!
that is if I go, its about an hr or so from me

Early morning on the week days isn't bad. its still busy but a Thursday isn't nearly as bad as a Friday or Saturday. Last time I went I went Thursday-Saturday and the weekend was by far the worst. Its always going to be busy. Its just a bit lighter on Thursday but not much.