PDA

View Full Version : A little help ?

Griz
01-23-2014, 09:24 AM
I am in the proccess of maybe changing by cell phone contract. Trying to save some money with a different plan. Most of my decission will be based on my service up here in NH. But I want to make sure I can get service when I'm in Ohio. My carrier is Sprint at this time and works pretty good as long as I'm on top of the ridges. So if I change carriers, I want to know before hand that the service is good where I hunt. That would be in Athens,Vinton, Ross, and Pike counties. Anyone who hunts in these areas will know what carrier works best. If you can advise on this matter it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help.

Strother23
01-23-2014, 10:55 AM
I have Verizon and I hunted some in Vinton county and that's where I got my buck this year and I go camping by hocking hills area a few time a year and I always fill like I have service when I check. I hunted with my in-law and he doesn't have Verizon, not sure what he has but he never had service useless we was on the top of ridge. The way I save money on my cell plans is I don't have a smart phone. Good luck

mrbb
01-23-2014, 11:07 AM
Well I too have verizon, and hunt in and have been in athens and morgan counties, I had service at hill tops and would loose it in many of the dips and bottoms in steep area's
that said, I am told the track phoneswally world sell /smart phone plans with unlimitided everything, pay as you go for like 40 a month, work every where
as I am told they use every companys towers?
what every tower is closest is what they use
several people here in Pa, use them,and all been very happy with service
don't know what all is with them, on or if any roaming charges, but sounds like that is the deal, just have to remember to pay every month, or, pay 6 months or a yr at a time, so don't forget, as I don't think they bill you every month, up to you to remember

nomad_archer
01-23-2014, 03:28 PM
I have verizon and never had a problem with service when I was in ohio. I even get service at my cabin in NW PA just recently. We never used to get service there.

Griz
01-23-2014, 04:14 PM
It looks like verizon is the answer. Your right strother23, since I switched to a smart phone my monthy payment was high. I'm hooked, and would hate to give it up. I'll let everyone know what I do. Thanks for the help.

radicalxl
01-23-2014, 07:41 PM
Verizon works well for me everywhere. I live in the boonies and my Verizon wireless internet works great and so does my phone.