PDA

View Full Version : slob hunters

mrbb
12-11-2013, 06:34 PM
OK not sure exactly what to label them or call them, but today I was pissed off as can be
so the property I hunt is bordered on 3 sides by a land owner that doesn't allow any hunting, should honestly make where I hunt a gold mine
but seems every jerk in the area's knows there deer here, and they all sneak on and hunt it, the land owner will not help me keep folks out, so I spend a ton of my hunting time, wasted chasing folks off that cannot read my posted signs, and come in from this NON hunting lands, and or just set up 2 ft off the property line where I cannot do anything about it
so today I took a little walk about the far side of the property, haven't been there since beginning of November
I get about 100 feet into the walk and I see the first on, a tree stand, again less than 6 ft from a posted sign, off property, but I know they will shoot if its on my side, as crap, legally they are not allowed to be where they are, so???
walk a 100 yrds and find a second stand, go 300 yrds more find a third stand, all just feet off the property line by the time I walked this one section, I found 4 gut piles, (I guess from gun season) and 5 different tree stands, all in a no hunting property!! guess they do't play by the rules us honest hunters do!

Now to make matter's worse, all summer and early fall I had several nice young bucks with potential living in this area, got tons of pic's all border line 120 class buck, bucks I wouldn't shoot, so left the area alone due to that, and since the end of Oct, when I stopped going back there, all my pic's of these bucks stopped showing up, so I am waging these jerks killed them
I guess I am just pissed off that there is nothing I can do, and the property owner, won't help me, just so frustrating, to work so hard to try to get decent bucks and then have cheaters sneak in and kill them
and make matters worse, the dam state Game dept, won't help at all, local cops , need the owner to press charge, and both the cops and the game dept, know its a severe problem, they get a ton of complaints from folks that live near by about poaching at all hours of the day and night in this NO hunting property, yet do nothing to try to stop it!
I wish I could shoot trespassers
OH well guess that's my rant here LOL

nomad_archer
12-11-2013, 08:10 PM
It wont get any better but at least you can talk about it with friends.

mrbb
12-11-2013, 09:20 PM
sadly its been like this for the past 10+ yrs now, and has been getting worse and worse
the killer is they surround me more or less, and they change all my deers feeding patterns, and since few deer live on my property, they all bed on this other side, they have to get past all these guys to get to me, and since so many are just bad hunters, all they do is teach these deer to wait till dark to move, making it almost impossibl;e for me to kill one anymore, and I swear some nights there are over a 100+ deer feeding off me, and I cannot kill any LOL
between me and these NON hunting lands its way over 1500 acres, enough land that I should have huge bucks , and be able to tag one every yr, but all these slobs, have a great place almost ruined last few yrs for me!
almost ready to call it quits here and move on to some other places I have access to, getting tired of spending so much time work and $$ building food plots, only they are benifiting from, more than me, and they don't lift a finger to help or a peny in costs, and are killig the best bucks in the area on my dime!
I know one guy killed two 170+ bucks back to back hunting my border, last 2 yrs! and that just sucks, guy is a well known poacher, even my local warden knows him on a first name basis, yet won't do a thing to work with me, or offer any help!
Pa, needs to wise up and allow game wardens to handle trespassing with hunters, they'd make a ton of money
they need to quit fining people for baiting, and get a new law in effect for trespassing, making hunters need written permission
they would make more money on this than baiting
and crap, most of the wardens I know, all know folks bait and don't even enforce that
just walk in any rural Wally world in Oct. they have pallets of bait for deer, and its all illegal to use, and who do they think is buying it all here, and doing what with it??
silly rules, that I don't see helping the deer or the land owners in PA!(or bears)

Big_Holla
12-12-2013, 08:03 AM
Pa, needs to wise up and allow game wardens to handle trespassing with hunters, they'd make a ton of money
they need to quit fining people for baiting, and get a new law in effect for trespassing, making hunters need written permission
they would make more money on this than baiting
and crap, most of the wardens I know, all know folks bait and don't even enforce that
just walk in any rural Wally world in Oct. they have pallets of bait for deer, and its all illegal to use, and who do they think is buying it all here, and doing what with it??
silly rules, that I don't see helping the deer or the land owners in PA!(or bears)

Sounds like you need to contact your legislators and see if you can get something started. First mention of making more $$ for the state and they'll be all over it LOL!

mrbb
12-12-2013, 11:24 AM
Sounds like you need to contact your legislators and see if you can get something started. First mention of making more $$ for the state and they'll be all over it LOL!

I have brought it up at many meetings over the yrs, they don't want to hear the word change any rules , they don't care about the game or people, just money, yet when I mention the cash they could generate, it fell on deaf ears time and time again, , they prefer to just write a few tickets every yr for baiting, seems the work to write tickets is more work than they want to do!
but I have tried going down that road a few times, and always got the same answer, NO plans to change anything!!
even been there with a bunch of guys and not just me, and also been to my local state ep a lot of times,with other guys/landowners
it just sucks
never had a good dealing with this states game dept in all my yrs here, they just pass the buck, and its not just me, most folks in PA, that have delbt with them feel the same way!
makes you wonder ???